KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HAITI: A WEIRD AND ENIGMATIC COUNTRY... [PI TA KA PI TRIS]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: HAITI: A WEIRD AND ENIGMATIC COUNTRY... [PI TA KA PI TRIS] Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing that happens in Haiti seems to surprise me anymore, especially in politics.

Haiti is the country where anything seems possible in politics. Don't be surprised if Wyclef Jean is elected president in 2016. No one would ever think 3-7 years ago that Michel Martelly would even stand a chance to win a first round presidential election. (Don't get me wrong Micky has always been very popular in Haiti at what he does best ENTERTAINING). But nobody in his/her right mind would even guess that Michel Martelly would stand a chance to become the president of Haiti. Maybe if they knew, his presidential bid would has been rejected from the beginning, like it was the case fr Wyclef.

Blame it at 70% on the traditional Haitian politicians who have not done anything to convince the poor people in Haiti, besides talking the talk and making the same old, sometimes unrealistic, promises. Those traditional politicians who only approach the poor people in the slums only months before election time. Once the elections are over, most of those who didn't win (if not all) quickly make their next move; either they make alliance with the president elect party or quickly join the opposition (And what opposition? One that vows to create obstacle for any president who does not give them a position in his government. An opposition which weakness is always obvious. Give one of them a government job and he/seh will be silenet for a long time. )

What have those opposition leaders done for Haiti while creating obstacles for elected president? NOTHING. They believe more in paralyzing the government in order to say later that so and so was not proactive while he was president; so and so didn't do anything to improve the conditions of the masses. But what has the opposition done itself? Matter of fact, most of those leaders have their children living outside of haiti. their kids are studying in the USA, France or Canada. So, why should they care much?

Haiti suffers from a leadership problem. The young people do not have anybody to look after because later or sooner the same so-called leaders the youngsters have been hearing for years and in whom they started to believe, thos esame leaders will be those who don't practice what they have been preaching once they get where they wanna get. So, it's not a surprpise if the poor people, the youngsters of Haiti are confused and grew tired of the traditional politicians. THE RESULT, Michel Martelly.

It's OK, Martelly is aware of his mistakes and weakness as is the international community. Micky might have good intentions, but he won't be able to escape from the international community influence or dominance like many of our past presidents. That same international community which counts many countries friends of Haiti, often wish to be dominant in Haiti. And if things really change, they won't be able to do whatever they want in our country. Moreover, a lot of international companies and ONG present in Haiti are being recommended by the influent peopel within the international community. Some of those foreign companies or non-governmental organizations present in Haiti are owned by friends of the people who are within the command staff of the international community. (Donk tout moun ap fè yon kob sou Ayiti)

In addition to the international community, we have the few Haitians with economic power who live and own business in Haiti who benefit from haiti economic crisis. Those are "le sbourgeois reactionnaires' who would do anything they can to keep things the way they are in haiti because any real change will affect their business.

We also have a few community leaders living abroad (especially in the USA) who don't want Haiti to change because they have non-profit organizations in every major cities in the USA where there is a huge Haitian presence. Their organizations receive grants and donations in the name of the refugees, "sans papiers", and in the name of "juicy" projects they have for Haiti.

So, until there is a real REVOLUTION DE CONSCIENCE where a positive and patriotic brainswash is done to make the people think about their country first. because at thios time I can bet with anyone that more than 75% of the people in Haiti are hoping for the next opportunity to leave Haiti and go live somewhere else, even if it's another third world country. I can also bet that more than 50% of the young intellectuals in Haiti, if legally given permanent residency, in canada or the USA, would leave the counry tomorrow and some will never go back.

Now, ou ka imajine lè pifor professionel ak intelektyel yon peyi ap viv an deyor de peyi sa? Ou ka imajine lè 2-3 sa ki rete yo se tann yap tann yon oportinite pou yo vini rich nan gouvènman an Ayiti.

Ka nou grav! Si'n pa leve bonè nap pran yon Wyclef an 2016 epi Martelly back an 2021.

A bon entendeur, salut!

The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

Last edited by MINGOLOVE on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

of course! wyclef ka prezidan!
pa gen anyen ki pou etone moun en ayiti encore Confused Cool
PEP DROLE, PEYI DWOL
GADE OU POST MWEN METE SOU POSSIBLE TRANBLEMAN DE TERRE KI KA PASE AU CAP, MENM MOUN AU CAP PA REPON LADAN Smile
HAITI, LA TERRE D'INPREVUS, LA TERRE DE SURPRISES, LA TERRE D'INATTENDUS, LA TERRE D'INCROIYABLE ET LA TERRE DE TOUT!

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Banm mande nou yon ti bagay....eske nou konprann signifikasyon proveb ki di " Moun ki swe pou ou se pou li ou chaje chemiz" lan.

Pep la ka idnatifye tet pi byen avek Michel ke tout lot polisyen tradisyonel sa yo ke nap pale ya.

Chak 5 ans yon paket ansyen politisyen ki la sou scebne politik depi plis ke 40 an ap pwomet pep la le ciel, tandis ke se vole yo vin vole kob peyi a pou yo al achete mansion nan Florida..donk pep la di'l bouke avek redot sa donk lap pran yon lot chemen, se sak fe nou gen Michel joudi a.

Tout moun demisyone se kanpe lwen'n ap kade peyi kap depafini, yo itilize yon langue francaise kom yon zouti pou minimize yon pep, plis peyi ap rantre nan twou se plis kob yon seri de ap fe sou tet li.

Pep la di bouke tonerrrrr.

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who can blame the people for choosing MM just look at the other choice you will understand.

as far as the NGOs concern we need to get most of them out before we see any real changes in haiti and why nobody ask Clinton where is all the money raise in the name of haiti. of course we can blame the govn for not taking care of the people's need but we all know they are puppet it's time to pit the blame on the real players and as a country let's take care of our future together.

Revolution de conscience can't happen without education, they need to understand the problem first then they can be conscious about it and this don't only apply for people back home go around wearing a haitian all over FL every may 18th don't make you conscious of what's going on in haiti. please stop waiting for haiti to give you the right to vote before you can do something, i'm sure this will come with time and efforts.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MWEN TROUVE POST SA YON TI JAN PREMATURE
WHAT IF MICHEL TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD PICK FOR THE COUNTRY...
NOU PRAN ARISTIDE, NOU PRAN PREVAL....KISA KI POU ETONE NOU LA
THE SO CALLED QUALIFIED CANDIDATES HAVE DONE THIS COUNTRY WRONG FOR THE PAST 2 DECADES....MICHEL PA KO MENM PRETE SEMAN MENM....
ET SI WYCLEF JWE KAT POLITIK LI BIEN WHY NOT....

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
THE SO CALLED QUALIFIED CANDIDATES HAVE DONE THIS COUNTRY WRONG FOR THE PAST 2 DECADES....MICHEL PA KO MENM PRETE SEMAN MENM....

pagen moun ki di anyen mal de Micky la non
men jan neg la di a 10ans de sa nou pata panse li te prezidan
nan moman nou ye la se tout moun met men ansanm wi pou sove peyi
who cares who the president is at this point we just want a better life for our people.

MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:

Doncito,

My post is not to say Michel Martelly will fail. NO WAY! Si Micky echwe, se Ayiti ki echwe tou, se ou menm se mwen menm ki echwe tou. Even though I didn't support Martelly during his presidential bid, I am against those who still cannot move on or those who are ready to get on his way at any cost. I personally want him to succeed because si'l pa reyisi anpil nan entèlektyel sa yo ak politichyen sa yo pral di "Yo te wè sa pou pèp la."

And this is what i am against. Tout politisyen sa yo an Ayiti panse se yo menm ki gen solisyon ak pwoblèm peyi a. men yo pa vle travay ansanm pou sove Ayiti. Yo tout panse ke yo ka rezoud pwoblèm peyi a pou kont yo.

As far as Wyclef jean in 2016, hummmm.... kou sa ka pi dur.

Si se konsa e si politisyen tradisyonel sa yo pa komanse fè plas pou jenès entèlektyel la, pou lot moun ki gen talan e ki kapab, nou san lè pran an scenario sa

Michel Martelly in 2011
Wyclef Jean in 2016
Michel Martelly in 2021
Wyclef Jean in 2026

Epi IZOLAN (Barikad Crew) in 2031

The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MINGOLOVE wrote:
DONCUE_69 wrote:

Doncito,

My post is not to say Michel Martelly will fail. NO WAY! Si Micky echwe, se Ayiti ki echwe tou, se ou menm se mwen menm ki echwe tou. Even though I didn't support Martelly during his presidential bid, I am against those who still cannot move on or those who are ready to get on his way at any cost. I personally want him to succeed because si'l pa reyisi anpil nan entèlektyel sa yo ak politichyen sa yo pral di "Yo te wè sa pou pèp la."

And this is what i am against. Tout politisyen sa yo an Ayiti panse se yo menm ki gen solisyon ak pwoblèm peyi a. men yo pa vle travay ansanm pou sove Ayiti. Yo tout panse ke yo ka rezoud pwoblèm peyi a pou kont yo.

As far as Wyclef jean in 2016, hummmm.... kou sa ka pi dur.

Si se konsa e si politisyen tradisyonel sa yo pa komanse fè plas pou jenès entèlektyel la, pou lot moun ki gen talan e ki kapab, nou san lè pran an scenario sa

Michel Martelly in 2011
Wyclef Jean in 2016
Michel Martelly in 2021
Wyclef Jean in 2026

Epi IZOLAN (Barikad Crew) in 2031

monche se neg tankouw wi ki pou step up pou prepare tet nou pou sa pa rive, se pa rete la ap di men sak pral passe, komm nou identifye sak ka rive ann mete tet nou lan pozition pou sa pa rive...
if an xrated artist like michel can do it, a retired pimp like Mingo ka fel tou
Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Originalsemwen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

m te di m pap opine sou politik ayiti anko non, men kite m ajoute ti sa a,

Pep la vote micky paske micky gen non profit ki konn al bay manje. Yo te vote Aristide pou menm rezon an. si opozisyon an vle jwenn vot pep la, ke yo komanse fe sa tou. Le wap mande on pep grangou poul vote pou ou, li mandew kombyen fwa ou te bal manje deja.

Sad but true.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mingo brother, I know what you are saying and I can see you frustration but trust me Micky got 70% of the game for success locked up. You will see soon though and with some success.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: