Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HAITI NEWS: ELECTORAL COUNSIL MEMBER RESIGNS (TWOP MAGWOUY)
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HAITI NEWS: ELECTORAL COUNSIL MEMBER RESIGNS (TWOP MAGWOUY)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: HAITI NEWS: ELECTORAL COUNSIL MEMBER RESIGNS (TWOP MAGWOUY) Reply with quote Back to top

VOIR SA LETTRE DE DEMISSION (EN FRANCAIS) CI-DESSOUS

Ginette Chérubin resigns26/04/2011 08:25:07
http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-2811-haiti-politic-ginette-cherubin-resigns.html

Following allegations of fraud, following the surprising decisions of the National Electoral Complaints and Challenges Bureau (BCEN), and various irregularities in the BCEN and the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP), Ginette Chérubin, , had refused to initial the results and provided explanations in a letter dated April 24, 2011. In the aftermath of her explanations, the Advisor announces in a information note, her resignation and the reasons behind that decision.

Information NOTE : Resignation of Ginette Cherubin of Provisional Electoral Council:
"Hereby, I announce to the spoken and written press, to the general public that I have submitted my letter of resignation to the President of the Republic, His Excellency René Préval.

I leave, thus, the position of Electoral Advisor where I was appointed by Presidential Decree on designation of to a set of Women Associations interested in the process of consensus reached, in 2007 between the Executive and a significant representation of political sector - consensus applied again in 2009, through a consultation of the sectors involved initially in the context of an option to renew or change the persons appointed to the CEP. In these circumstances, to have benefited from a renewal of confidence of the Associations who designated me, I found myself to the CEP in 2009 still in office to date.

After a long period of trial or a discredit was thrown on the CEP, the last elections - apparently satisfactory for all - had opened a door for the rehabilitation of the electoral institution. What consolidated me in the idea not to be not remained in vain and to have, in a certain sense, contributed to the restoration of an image that ran, at a certain moment, the risk of being forever tarnished. But the last phase of the process leading to dubious final results further tarnished - this time irreversibly, I think - the reputation and prestige of CEP.

Solidarity - as I always told to the CEP - which can not be unconditional and that must be based, above all, around a consensus on the principles and the ethical and moral values - has absolutely nothing to do with the complicity when the latter is unhealthy.

Today, some members of the CEP involved to the BCEN as the electoral judges have reached levels which have outraged my civic conscience and that my convictions do not allow me to cross. I went to the stage or any of my arguments fail to convince me. At this turning point, as I had promised in writing, I must acknowledge, humbly no longer be worthy of such a struggle. Also, the time has come for me to leave.

I think I used all my resources to do, honestly, my mission and enhance the electoral institution by an unconditional commitment for the rule of law, principles, ethical and moral values ​​and also for innovate in terms of transparency and communication with stakeholders; in terms of accountability by senior state officials. But, finally the day I think I have been very misunderstood to the CEP and it occurred there too many repeated scandals.

However, I think legitimate to say that I used all my skills and my expertise to implement what the feminist movement Haitian advocates "promoting women's leadership and do politics differently." And I don't think that I have demerit of their confidence.

In addition, I resorted to all my patience and my courage to avoid the whim of an early resignation, despite all sorts of pressures, driven by the intuition that the victory is in perseverance, not in flight and that it is important to rebuild the Haitian State to conduct, in synergy, a battle on two fronts: from the exterior space where must be exercised pressure forces dissuasive and having some capacity of nuisance, able to demand a rupture with the current harmful practices and to prevent or punish socially any imposture; from the interior space where we must exercise constant monitoring and a vigilance pragmatic.

Did I succeed? What is certain is that I helped to launch a dynamic innovative within the apparatus of states.

While renewing my commitment to serve my country and to keep myself available, if necessary, for any attempt to shed light on the functioning of CEP during the period of my term, I withdraw by sending my sincere thanks to my father, my husband, my son, my brother, all my family, my cabinet members, to my friends and associations of women who supported me. These thanks go also to those of my colleagues of CEP which, in certain circumstances, have supported my position, to the compatriots of Haiti and the diaspora, without knowing me personally, Have had to testify their admiration to me; Finally, to all those who were angry with me because I stayed too long in the CEP - sometimes, because of a overprotective friendship - I told them today that I have understood.

My departure of CEP will allow me to resume my professional activities of architects and get back to serve the new generations to the University."

Port-au-Prince, April 25, 2011
Ginette Cherubin, Architect

See also:
http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-2800-haiti-elections-ginette-cherubin-reveals-some-irregularities-and-fraud.html
The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

Last edited by MINGOLOVE on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

La conseillère électorale Ginette Chérubin rend son tablier

Au nom de sa "conscience citoyenne révoltée", elle se dit incapable de cautionner les "résultats définitifs douteux" des élections du 20 mars proclamés par le CEP dont "l’honorabilité et le prestige" sont remis en cause de manière irréversible

lundi 25 avril 2011,

NOTE d’Information Démission de Ginette Chérubin du Conseil Electoral Provisoire

Par la présente, j’annonce a la Presse parlée et écrite , au public en général que j`ai remis ma lettre de démission au Président de la Republique, S.E. M. René Préval.

Je quitte, ainsi, le poste de Conseillère Electorale ou j`ai été nommée par Arrêté Présidentiel sur désignation d`un ensemble d`Associations de Femmes intéressées à la démarche de consensus établi, en 2007, entre l`Exécutif et une représentation significative du secteur politique - consensus appliqué a nouveau en 2009, à travers une consultation des secteurs impliqués initialement, dans la perspective d`une option de reconduction ou de changement des personnalités désignées pour le CEP. Dans ces circonstances, pour avoir bénéficié d`un renouvellement de confiance des Associations qui m`avaient désignée, je me suis retrouvée au CEP de 2009 encore en poste à date.

Après une longue période d`épreuves ou un discrédit avait été jeté sur le CEP, les dernières élections - apparemment satisfaisantes pour tous - avaient ouvert une brèche pour la réhabilitation de l`Institution électorale. Ce qui me confortait dans l’idée de n’être pas restée en vain et d`avoir, en un certain sens, contribué à cette restauration d’une image de marque qui courait, à un certain moment, le risque d’être à jamais ternie. Mais, la dernière phase du processus ayant conduit à des résultats définitifs douteux a encore entaché - cette fois de manière irréversible, je pense - l’honorabilité et le prestige du CEP.

La solidarité - comme je l`ai toujours dit au CEP - ne pouvant être inconditionnelle et devant se fonder, avant tout, autour d`un consensus sur les principes ainsi que les valeurs éthiques et morales - n`a absolument rien à voir avec la complicité quand celle-ci est malsaine.

Aujourd`hui, certains Membres du CEP impliqués au BCEN comme Juges électoraux ont atteint des seuils qui révoltent ma conscience citoyenne et que mes convictions ne me permettent pas de franchir. Je suis rendue à la phase ou aucun de mes arguments n`arrivent à me convaincre. A ce tournant, comme je l`avais promis dans des écrits, je dois reconnaître, humblement n’être plus à la hauteur d’un tel combat. Aussi, le moment est venu, pour moi, de partir.

Je pense avoir mis en oeuvre toutes mes ressources pour accomplir, honnêtement, ma mission et valoriser l’institution électorale par un engagement inconditionnel pour le respect du droit, des principes, des valeurs éthiques et morales et, également, pour innover en terme de transparence et de communication avec les acteurs concernés ; en terme de reddition de compte par les hauts Responsables de l`Etat. Mais, enfin de compte, je pense avoir été tres mal comprise au CEP et il ne s’y est produit que trop de scandales à répétition.

Toutefois, je pense légitime de dire que j`ai usé de toutes mes compétences et de tout mon savoir-faire pour mettre en oeuvre ce que prône le mouvement féministe haïtien : « promouvoir le leadership féminin et faire la politique autrement ». Et je ne pense pas avoir démerité de leur confiance.

En outre, j`ai recouru à toute ma patience et à tout mon courage pour éviter le coup de tête d’une démission anticipée, en dépit de toutes sortes de pressions, mue par l’intuition que la victoire est bien dans la persévérance, non dans la fuite et qu’il importe, pour reconstruire l’Etat haïtien, de mener, en synergie, un combat sur deux fronts : de l`espace extérieur d’où doivent s’exercer des forces de pression dissuasives et possédant certaines capacités de nuisance aptes à exiger une rupture avec les pratiques courantes néfastes et à prévenir ou sanctionner socialement toute imposture ; de l’espace intérieur ou il faut exercer une veille permanente et une vigilance pragmatique.

Ai-je reussi ? Ce qui est sûr, c’est que j`aurai contribué à enclencher une dynamique novatrice au sein de l’Appareil d`Etat.

Tout en renouvelant ma détermination à servir mon pays et à me tenir disponible, le cas échéant, pour toute démarche visant a apporter un éclairage sur le fonctionnement du CEP pendant la durée d`accomplissement de mon mandat, je me retire en adressant mes sincères remerciements à mon père, mon conjoint, mon fils, mon frère qui m`ont apportée un infatigable soutien, à toute ma famille, aux Membres de mon Cabinet, à mes amis et aux Associations de femmes qui m`ont soutenue. Ces remerciements vont également à ceux de mes collaborateurs du CEP qui, en certaines circonstances, ont supporté mes positions ; aux compatriotes d’Haiti et de la diaspora qui, sans me connaitre personnellement, ont eu a me témoigner leur admiration ; enfin, a toutes celles et tous ceux qui m`en ont voulu d`être restée trop longtemps au CEP - parfois, à cause d`une amitié surprotectrice- je leur dis, aujourd`hui, que je les ai compris.

Mon départ du CEP me permettra de reprendre mes activités professionnelles d’architecte et de me remettre au service des nouvelles générations à l’Université.

Port-au-Prince, le 25 avril 2011

Ginette Chérubin, Architecte

The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Konnye-a bagay la klè se anpil magwouy ki fèt pa mann KEP yo pou parti INITE a ka gen majorite nan 2 chanb yo.

Preval ak tout akolit li yo ta wont, menm nan denyè jou yo, yo pa ka respekte tèt yo. Se la wont!

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tou bagay fini pa we !!!
Yo te pense ke yo ta'p ka fe magouy san peson pa dit anyen. Men fo'k bagay ta fe fini pou bay Ayiti an chance tout bon.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I must give a bit of respect to this person. You know whether your political lies here or there, it should not matter, you must respect the will of the people and life moves on. That is why democracy works when there are terrible leaders the people have the choice to move on from by having their will respected.

Preval and others before him in Haiti always think they can circumvent this process to only have blow up in their faces.

Rj production

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so let's void the election now and have a new one

Straitshooter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There were MAGOUY in all the phasers of these elections , from the preliminaries until now, why is she resigning now after it s all over and there are pending threats about cancelling the visas of those members? She did not sign on the firsdt tour results why did she still stick around?

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:

For what. it benefit the perpetrators of this act no lets do it right and respect the people's will

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:

For what. it benefit the perpetrators of this act no lets do it right and respect the people's will

H1 i was being sarcastic Preval know very well nobody want to start over so he give them the president while he control the chamber who elect the prime minister who control the gvn, like Preval or not this is good stuff

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She should have handed her resignation the first time they tried to give the elections to Celestin.

Se kouney a mamzel ap montre bonne intention, ttwo ta bare'w.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: