Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - President Obama and the birther situation.
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

President Obama and the birther situation.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daphnee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: President Obama and the birther situation. Reply with quote Back to top

(I spoke about this with one of my politico friends off the board)

How do you think he handled the situation guys? Do you think it was necessary for him to release the long form birth certificate? What are your thoughts? Please share. Cool

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bad move on all levels...you never provide proof to anything unless you are being indicteded in a court of law.

As president of the US se pou'l te di vye racist baln sa yo LAN MERDE! and ketpt it moving...all this does it opend the floodgates of conspiracy even further by questioning the validity of the certificate

On top of that it shows him subcoming to pressures of a few nutbags who really had nothing to attack him on so they chose this nonsense.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Obama needs to be more Bush-like and tell the Tea-Baggers with their newfound hero D. Trump to "F*CK OFF' on Executive Privilege...and voye yon God bless America ladan'l pou lawd.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure Daph would agree with you KC, as probably would most Obama supporters. Politically, this birther issue appears to be a WINNER for democrats. It could be used as a noose around each potential republican candidates' necks. Rather than answering serious policy questions, they'd be mired answering questions about a long discredited birther issue.... Or so some of the thinking goes.

But say I'm Mitt Romney (and I'm the republican nominee) and someone asks me about Obama's birth certificate. I reply, "The president is without question a citizen; that's a nonissue! We should be focusing on his dangerous policies that are ruining America."
So IMMEDIATELY Romney distances himself from the birthers and he's made out to look like a serious candidate who only cares about the issues. Meanwhile, this birther issue continues to fester, the media keep rehashing it, Polls show the public is becoming a bit more incredulous. And given the choice between Obama and a dismissive Romney, the birthers will STILL vote Romney. Meanwhile Romney is ALSO appealing to the more rational, moderate who may not be happy with Obama and sees Romney as an alternative,"Hey, he looks presidential, says the right things, and he's not one of those kooks!"

Romney wins!

Last edited by jeanVALjean on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We live in a new media age folks. THE TRUTH IS RELATIVE!!! If CNN "disproves" something that I don't like, I can find "my version of the truth" on FoxNews. If the NY Times writes unequivocally that the sky is blue, I can go the Washington Times that tells me it's green!

The goal is to ensure that the few rational people who do believe the sky is blue (or is it?) don't start wondering if it's indeed green! As long as it was the republicans that believed in the birthers, who cares? But guess what? The polls were starting to show that some independents were starting to believe in the birther thing. Not only that, 10% of democrats believed it!

John Kerry showed us what happens when you ignore rumors and innuendos. The Swift Boat Veterans made a war hero like Kerry appear to be a liar who betrayed his country. In this day in age, you ignore this smut at your own peril! I'm not saying to respond to any BS that comes up, but if it begins to seep into the mainstream, you best nip that ish in the bud.

I know, I know. "what about the next time a rumor is spread, say about his grades and how he got into Harvard?" Easy you laugh it off and keep it moving! Once you've proven yourself without the shadow of a doubt, the other side loses credibility! Rational people see them for what they truly are. But don't think you'll ever gain EVERYONE'S approval!

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a different view...

by not giving it importance and not appeasing Tea Baggers..Obama really had the advantage of watching the in-fighting that was happening with the Repbulican party. As the common-sense conservatives were tryin to focus on Obama's "dangerous" policies..the Bithers were stealing the headlines...this is all a circus show has been preventing them from trying to establish a serious contender that will have a legitmate chance of ousting Obama from office.

For a time Democrats were the normal ones by not engaging in the nonsense..and republicans had no way of making this go away...now Obama not only gave them their out..but also it by some chance there is a slight chance this certificate may have been tampered with..imagine the carneige this will spell for Obama and the Dems...all for trying to shut up obnoxious racists.

lets hope your view plays out that way

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
I have a different view...

by not giving it importance and not appeasing Tea Baggers..Obama really had the advantage of watching the in-fighting that was happening with the Repbulican party. As the common-sense conservatives were tryin to focus on Obama's "dangerous" policies..the Bithers were stealing the headlines...this is all a circus show has been preventing them from trying to establish a serious contender that will have a legitmate chance of ousting Obama from office.

For a time Democrats were the normal ones by not engaging in the nonsense..and republicans had no way of making this go away...now Obama not only gave them their out..but also it by some chance there is a slight chance this certificate may have been tampered with..imagine the carneige this will spell for Obama and the Dems...all for trying to shut up obnoxious racists.

lets hope your view plays out that way

All true, except (again) independents and democrats were starting to either believe or question it under their breaths. The Dems got as much mileage out of this crap as they Could have gotten. Mind you this has been going on since the Obama/Clinton Primaries. It was time to move on!

Even Trump has admitted defeat...in colorful Trump fashion..."I'm very proud of myself...I'm honored to have done this! Laughing

Now let's see if Trump will release his tax returns. I would have a running clock like Keith Olbermann, "it's been 10 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes, and 40 seconds, since Donald Trump said he'd release his tax returns!"
Are democrats politically savvy enough to put that noose around his neck? Probably not! Razz

daphnee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well like I said before JVJ..I'm disappointed in the POTUS. The birth certificate wasn't necessary. I mean who is he appeasing, Trump?!? Come on Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow And his comment, ..."I'm very proud of myself...I'm honored to have done this!" solidifies my position. You give an inch, they'll take a mile. Now his education is being questioned, what's next. He should not have fed into this crap. Pwin bar!!! Arrow Arrow Confused

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although at first part of me felt that this brith certificate thing should've been produced a long time ago...as the motnhs grew on...the fact that the rise of the Birthers became a nussaince to teh Republican agenda and it favoured Obama...yes some dems and independents were questioning under their breath but thats nothing...liberal dems and indpendents have been uncomfortable about Obama since the Iowa Caucus. Laughing Laughing

he could've rode this out all the way until the republicans finally picked a front-runner and could've knocked them out if they even dared to question his birth.

Donald Trump shouldn't have shook Obama...he's an opportunist and would've never gotten the nomination...se pa ayiti nou ye la non mezanmi Laughing Laughing

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
well like I said before JVJ..I'm disappointed in the POTUS. The birth certificate wasn't necessary. I mean who is he appeasing, Trump?!? Come on Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow And his comment, ..."I'm very proud of myself...I'm honored to have done this!" solidifies my position. You give an inch, they'll take a mile. Now his education is being questioned, what's next. He should not have fed into this crap. Pwin bar!!! Arrow Arrow Confused

Ayayayyy...ti pitit sa just doesn't listen! Laughing Ou telman set on being "mad as hell" that you're not thinking straight/strategically! I guess that's my job as a pseudo-analyst! Laughing

As a person, Trump is inconsequential, but he does carry a BIG megaphone and he's absolutely shameless! He drives news coverage and as long as he was driving the narrative in the media, it's Obama that was getting hurt. Meanwhile, Trump is at or near the top of the republican polls.
Now the question is will the media continue to grant Trump legitimacy with continued wall to wall coverage, particularly since this birther shtick was proven to be a dud-as even he himself has admitted!

But u gotta love trump though. Even in defeat, he takes a victory lap! Laughing

daphnee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
Although at first part of me felt that this brith certificate thing should've been produced a long time ago...as the motnhs grew on...the fact that the rise of the Birthers became a nussaince to teh Republican agenda and it favoured Obama...yes some dems and independents were questioning under their breath but thats nothing...liberal dems and indpendents have been uncomfortable about Obama since the Iowa Caucus. Laughing Laughing

he could've rode this out all the way until the republicans finally picked a front-runner and could've knocked them out if they even dared to question his birth.

Donald Trump shouldn't have shook Obama...he's an opportunist and would've never gotten the nomination...se pa ayiti nou ye la non mezanmi Laughing Laughing

Word up!!!! Maybe that's the Northeastern thing in me NY/NJ represent but he lost cool points to me! Donlad Trump got him all shook...tchuuips Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow Si Donlad Trump ka fe'l sa what else can others do. He's soft!!! Maybe it's a combintation of things that are irking me with him that are bothering me too I don't know. Gas is off the hook, he still doesn't know what the heck we're doing with Libya. Under his watch both Duvalier and Aristide have returned to Haiti..idk but ehh Twisted Evil Confused Confused Arrow And out of all the things to address you address Donald Trump and some psychos..whateva man Rolling Eyes Arrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: