Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - AFTERMATH OF DISSING CLINTON: MY OPINION
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

AFTERMATH OF DISSING CLINTON: MY OPINION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: AFTERMATH OF DISSING CLINTON: MY OPINION Reply with quote Back to top

There is a report that is about to come out by the USAID that challeneges the numbers provided regarding how many people actually died and those currently living in the tents. The numbers supposedly being provided by the USAID regarding the dead is about 85,000 and those living in the tents to be around 35,000-100,000.

This only means less money for reconstruction or will it. Look, the report was being prepared but the timing of it really puts into doubt the early release of the numbers to when the new PM designate proposed firing Clinton or otherwords dissolving the IHRC.

Look, it seems Haiti is well on the way of getting WAY LESS then intended before the PM designate dissed Clinton. I hope for purposes of fairness this not the case Haiti needs real help regardless of how many people are in tents or dead.

Personally, I do believe there is some politics being played here it could also be subtle pressure to remove Rouzier as a PM. Than again I do not know if the government is in agreement with these numbers but the timing is all but suspicious to me. If this is a move to subtly tell the government to remove the PM given his ideas could delay if not put into question the process, then the US is already to acknowledge the truth that I don't think Rouzier was expecting which only WAY LESS MONEY coming to Haiti.

Is the government ready for this? I hope my President is ready for it.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303745304576357750832266660.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Nounoune

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: was thinking Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking the same thing...less number of victims, less number of people under tents=less money coming to Haiti Idea

Got to admit the timing of this being released is priceless Exclamation

I think Rouzier's lack of political knowledge, probably opened up a can of worms. I have a feeling when he accompanied President martelly to washington to meet with Sec of State, and World bank...he mistook "kindness for weakness"

Diplomacy in politics is something learned...and it is not something you can just play by ear Wink

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just another reason to prove these people don't care about the haitian people all they want is their share or nobody get nothing but you are here to cheer them on

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
just another reason to prove these people don't care about the haitian people all they want is their share or nobody get nothing but you are here to cheer them on

THIS IS YOUR MOST VALID POINT YET ON KM Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
Rj production wrote:

THIS IS YOUR MOST VALID POINT YET ON KM Laughing

coming from you i'll take it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: was thinking Reply with quote Back to top

Nounoune wrote:
I was thinking the same thing...less number of victims, less number of people under tents=less money coming to Haiti Idea

Got to admit the timing of this being released is priceless Exclamation

I think Rouzier's lack of political knowledge, probably opened up a can of worms. I have a feeling when he accompanied President martelly to washington to meet with Sec of State, and World bank...he mistook "kindness for weakness"

Diplomacy in politics is something learned...and it is not something you can just play by ear Wink

I do admit though the timing was very peculiar because the report is not completely finalized but it will be one of the reports relied upon by the USAID to determine how much aid Haiti gets, notice report not finalized numbers released, a nice way of sending a message.

I will say this, politics is dirty gentleman's game and sometimes assessing the whole spectrum before making comments without clearly assessing the benefits and detriments is not a good way to assert authority.

Anyway, we will see what happens but I would hope Obama folks reassess the situation before any further commentary or haste decisions are made that affect millions for the actions of 2-3 people who probably spoke out of context in assessing the facts. That is what I hope.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:

I am here to cheer them on, bro, if you got word you are getting fired what would you do sit back and do nothing. You disrespected one of the world's most powerful people and expect these people sit back and monkey around with Haitian pride.

If Haitian pride meant anything to those who run the country maybe you could be right but it does not because them same people you want to cheer on for the name of pride stole billions an left the same people they claimed they loved for shit.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I for one always thought that the number dead was highly inflated.

I always thought the haitian government was inflating the numbers in order to get more aid money.

Besides, how did they come up with that number anyway?

You think they counted the bodies before tyo tal lague yo titanyen?

No one will ever know wha the real numbers were. But I am almost postive it was not int he 300k range.

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
I for one always thought that the number dead was highly inflated.

I always thought the haitian government was inflating the numbers in order to get more aid money.

Besides, how did they come up with that number anyway?

You think they counted the bodies before tyo tal lague yo titanyen?

No one will ever know wha the real numbers were. But I am almost postive it was not int he 300k range.

this is just politic Siro either number is right or not everybody can agree things are really bad down there and while they are talking about numbers somebody and their family don't have a clue where they will be sleeping tonight but all that Aid money is somewhere it's time to hold somebody accountable for it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: