Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSUE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSUE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSUE! Reply with quote Back to top

This is what we got from DJAZZ LA producer SHEDLEY ABRAHAM on the controversy surrounding the involvement of GAZZMAN and PIPO on the HOMMAGE A TABOU track set to be released on his cd.

SHEDLEY ABRAHAM: "I never knew that i had to explain anything that goes on in my studio but in light of everything that's been going on on the board, i just wanted to clarify on a few things.

First of all I wanted to make an hommage to tabou combo using the BEST voices in the hmi and in doing that, i used both gazzman and pipo, but aside from using those two, I also used danny p (original tabou member) kenny, ello, michael g ( carimi) and bobby jam.

Just because 2 of the singers on the track have their own issues going on why should that take away from the song? Gazzman "joked" around in the studio but that does not mean that those "jokes" were going to make it to the final cut of the song.

I have had the pleasure of working with both disip nu-look, at the end of the day we as musician are working together to make good music for the public our own issues with each other should not come in the middle of that. Map kontinie travay pou avanseman music ayisien Epi kompa direk devant."

KM!

princess fia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSU Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

This is what we got from DJAZZ LA producer SHEDLEY ABRAHAM on the controversy surrounding the involvement of GAZZMAN and PIPO on the HOMMAGE A TABOU track set to be released on his cd.

SHEDLEY ABRAHAM: "[b]I never knew that i had to explain anything that goes on in my studio but in light of everything that's been going on on the board, i just wanted to clarify on a few things.

First of all I wanted to make an hommage to tabou combo using the BEST voices in the hmi and in doing that, i used both gazzman and pipo, but aside from using those two, I also used danny p (original tabou member) kenny, ello, michael g ( carimi) and bobby jam.

Just because 2 of the singers on the track have their own issues going on why should that take away from the song? Gazzman "joked" around in the studio but that does not mean that those "jokes" were going to make it to the final cut of the song.

I have had the pleasure of working with both disip nu-look, at the end of the day we as musician are working together to make good music for the public our own issues with each other should not come in the middle of that. Map kontinie travay pou avanseman music ayisien Epi kompa direk devant."[/b]

KM!

the above line is unnecessary becuz si yon bagay gen pou'l woue ak muzik fanatik yo gen dwa poze kesyon, rete ala moun diktateur papa. bon poko te kwe se pou fanatik ou fe muzik si se pa nou cd yo pap vann yap rete nan studio ou an Razz moun nan nord sa yo se la rage Rolling Eyes

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSU Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
aside from using those two, I also used danny p (original tabou member)

Pa fe sa Shedly... Shocked Shocked

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My only message to Shedly is that...I don't care for the jabs, the controversies, the jokes etc...but that particular Tabou Combo song BAISSEZ BAS is one HAITIAN song that is respected in all the French Caribbean Islands. I would really like to know that everyone involved in this project take it VERY seriously...This is a well written text, and it's a very good choice for the next Jazz La album...Once again IT'S A WELL WRITTEN TEXT...You are the producer today....just remember that someone else was the producer in 1980...and everyone involved then took that song seriously.
I didn't participate in the other post, but I'm glad that at least you address the subject in a very serious manner....Anyway...some of us are taking notes...

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSU Reply with quote Back to top

konpa rockers wrote:
kompamagazine wrote:
aside from using those two, I also used danny p (original tabou member)

Pa fe sa Shedly... Shocked Shocked

EX MEMBER YES...ORIGINAL NO...
Danny was too young when the band did Bassez Bas , but I know that he played it with the band in his time with Tabou Combo...

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Staff,

But I think Shedley is TAKING this project seriously.

You can see it when he directing Mikael and Pipo to STRESS certain words.

Shedley is introducing songs like "Bebe Paramount" and "Baissez Pas" to another GENERATION.

I dont think TWO PHRASES, "Min differans la" ou bien "Ralph Conde...min Laporte kouri" can TAKE away the POWER, STRENGTH and GENIUS of these songs.

Gazzman is putting his CHARACTER into the song, but in no way he is disrespecting the LEGACY of the great TABOU COMBO.

But you are right, the song is a WELL written TEXT.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SHEDLEY RESPONDS TO FANS' CRITICISM ON GAZZMAN/PIPO ISSU Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

SHEDLEY ABRAHAM: but that does not mean that those "jokes" were going to make it to the final cut of the song.

KM!

men bagay anpil nan nou pa konpran nan
Shedley gendwa pa kite vokal youn nan mesye yo nan mizik la
si'm te Shedley mtap fe Cubano ak Douby chante pito Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First of all Shedley...

1- You're right! you don't owe anyone an explanation... BUT THE FANS as well don't owe you ANY EXPLANATION .. WE COMMENT AND CRITICIZE any product that will be released for the fans to consume..

2- This product is not an "hommage to Tabou"... RATHER it should be called "LA COLLECTE POUR SHEDLEY"..

PÈ SHEDLEY YOU ARE ONE OF A HANDFULL OF ARTISTS remaining in this HMI.. you command lots of respect from fans/musicians as well.. JUST LEAVE IT AS IS.. Cool

Last edited by zipgenel on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember being a teenager in High, was very involved in the Nouvelle Generation thing. Boom i heard Tabou Combo Live aux zenith with baissez bas. I could not believe a Haitian band was that popular. I fell in love with Tabou and Baissez bas ever since.

I can't wait to see how this project comes about.

kompekok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Staff,

But I think Shedley is TAKING this project seriously.

You can see it when he directing Mikael and Pipo to STRESS certain words.

Shedley is introducing songs like "Bebe Paramount" and "Baissez Pas" to another GENERATION.

I dont think TWO PHRASES, "Min differans la" ou bien "Ralph Conde...min Laporte kouri" can TAKE away the POWER, STRENGTH and GENIUS of these songs.

Gazzman is putting his CHARACTER into the song, but in no way he is disrespecting the LEGACY of the great TABOU COMBO.

But you are right, the song is a WELL written TEXT.

Those jabs have no place in the song that is paying homage to a legendary band in the industry. These childish comments are not putting character to the song and besides they don't fit the message of the song.

BTW did you miss the part where Shedley was directing Gazman on how to sing the song?

The funny thing is Gazman is really uninformed if he really thinks that Laporte is in the same league with Ralph Conde when it comes to playing guitar. So how come Laporte was not chosen to play guitar on the song?

(Dadou Pasquet)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: