Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NU LOOK MONTREAL CANADA 10/09/11 PICTURES AND REVIEW
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK MONTREAL CANADA 10/09/11 PICTURES AND REVIEW
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: NU LOOK MONTREAL CANADA 10/09/11 PICTURES AND REVIEW Reply with quote Back to top

Canada_ 9 Ocotbre, 2011 Mou'n Okap

Nu Look finally had an album release party last night. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Remember all the previous album release parties planned before? How many now? 4? Hmmm antouka, as everyone else, I was looking forward to hear the live twist they put on the new album.

I arrived at 11PM. Everyone kept calling us, bbm'ing me about the line up. It was insane!!! Asking me to compare it to Disip's line up is very hard because of the direction of the line. Just like the Arly/Gazzman split (yes that's how I call it), the lines took different directions! I kid you not! LOL But it was insane!!!! It went behind Renaissance. I'm sorry for not taking pics but I was looking for my friends that I had to attend to and had to get in pronto because I heard music.

I was very surprised to hear them playing already! I was told once inside that they have been at it since 10:30. Please don't ask me what they played. I can't remember. I know they played at least 9 of the songs out of the new album. Everyone was waiting for #2! Medam bo kote'm yo se sa selman yap kriye. Arly came to the front, medam yo mande pou devore ti neg la! In a nice, polite, CIVIL way if I can describe it like that. Yo pat rale'l mete ate, ni grab his private like they did to Alan Cave once. I'm sure you can see it in the pics. The 2nd time it was closer to his keyboard when he was singing his famous #2 (that's how I'm going to call it now LOL). He urged the ladies to partake. I was surprised some were so shy. Finally, a girl came up and sang it which everyone was cheering. I must say she did a FANtastic job!

Arly did something remarkable that, as a capoise, I am very proud of. Honestly, I didn't expect Arly to be the bigger person and make such comment toward Gazzman. As far as I can remember, that was the first time he acknowledge Gazzman in Montreal. He acknowledged Gazzman's contribution to Nu Look, he said that though they have parted ways, he wish him nothing but luck in his endeavour. Moun yo rele anmweyyyyyyyy.. Pou yon ti tan, li te paret tankou li pedu kontrol sal la telman moun yo tap rele. When he finally got some control, he acknowledge Pipo's presence to the group and how he's bringing it to that next level. Oh, he also said that is Pipo's last stop! Moun yo rele anmweyyyy pi red! I have the audio but what he was saying it's not that clear.

How was Pipo? Well there has been improvements. He's more interactive, more alive. Yet, something is still missing. He has a one sided relationship with the crowd: the right side of the stage. It was once again hard for me to take full frontal pics of him. All the frontal pics you'll see are Hubert's (me no get on stage now). Again, Pipo got vocal, nothing to dispute there. But I found that his mic was significantly low compared to Arly's. It was barely audible, and I was in front. NOBODY on stage said anything. After a while, I figured it was purposely so. So mwen bay vag!

Overall, it was a great bal, anpil moun! CHALEEEEEE nan sal la. If it wasn't for people who knew me, mwen pa tap ka pase devan an. Mesi anpil medam! It wasn't "THE GREAT KONPA LOU" party I anticipated it. But it was great all the same. The band was tired, I was tired but we both gave it our all: mwen nan danse e yo minm nan jwe LOL

Now on to what you want to hear about. Kite'm monte sou bwa kreyol mwen pou nou konprann mwen pi byen. Premyeman, lumye te lumen e se te denye muzik ki tap jwe. Moun ap di li te 2h, se pa vre! Yo lot ti moman, mwen tande pa gin muzik anko epi tout moun ap gade deye Chachou. Mwen panse se yon moun ki tap kale poste'l deye djazz la ki tonbe. Mwen minm kote'm te kanpe a devan keyboard Arly, map rele "JWEEEE JWEEEEE KITE ZANZAVE A TE A!!!!" Se apre mwen we yon lot moun monte ap di Arly minm bagay la pou li kontinye jwe. Arly komanse ap jwe, mwen map gade.. li kontinye ap jwe, mwen komanse danse. Yon lot ti moman, mwen we se yon chez kap soti nan bo goch djazz la kap vini sou Pipo.. non.. li depase Pipo.. lap vini proch mwen.. yon chans keyboard Arly a te la, li tap tou ateri sou mwen. Si nou konnen Renaissance, se bo dezyem pot kwizin lan li soti nan bo dwat le'w kanpe devan stage la epi li rive bo kote Arly toujou mete keyboard li a. Apre sa le'm voye zye'm nan direksyon kote chez la soti a, mwen we Pipo kap vole al sote sou kiyes mwen pa konnen, nan direksyon kote chez la soti. Kom sak camera'm te anba keyboard Arly a (yon chans mwen te mete camera a nan sak paske Hubert te prete flash la e mwen pat vle foto san flash), mwen tou pran sak mwen, mwen mache! Sak te fe'm plus ale a, se ekipman nou te gin deye a ke'm pat vle moun kraze le yap kouri soti.

Nan ale deyo a, mwen jwenn Manmi Angele a te. Se le sa mwen vreman fache! Manmi Angele, se yon bel ti manmit pleine de vie, depi gin ti aktivite nan Montreal li deyo. Le gin ti djazz ke li renmen, le yo vini li toujou la.. ke se Cristina, ke se Renaissance, ou toujou we li bo dwat stage la. Pou yon moun gin kouraj bourade yon granmoun! Pou yon moun egoyis ase pou'w lakoz tout sa! Konnya la, kote nou prale? Eske nou panse a demen? Cristina femen, se sel Renaissance ki te aksepte nou. Konnya yo ka pa ban nou sal la anko pou dega ki fet yo. Eske nou panse a sa? Nou pa panse pi lwen ge pwent nin vonvon nou an! Tchiiiiuuuupppp! Se yon gwo ront pou se ayisyen kap toujou fe jan de aktyalite sa yo! Poukisa nou pa fe pou yo we se yon pep ki disipline nou KA ye? Ki pwoblem nou minm mezanmi!?!? Antouka, map priye pou moun yo ki lakoz sa pou nou jwenn sa nou merite!

With that said, I hope you enjoyed the pics. I hope this doesn't stop Nu Look from coming anytime soon. On a personal note, I want to thank Arly for what you did, I appreciate it immensely!

" Fanatik Nu Look yo di sa se gouyad la ..Pwent yo deye " Mechan!

Last edited by lakay on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LAKAY, sa sa ye la, ou manifesation?
Mesdames yo enraje, messieurs yo mande dechenin, Norman pran di feu
Renessance vin RAJEUNI
mezanmi, gade ou travay nan MONTREAL CITY?
Men LOOK la, papa
lakay ou mechant, mon che
moun yo freu, papa
le nouvo look

Last edited by jeancelestin on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gade moun gade moun... Bon yo pat ship enpe nan moun sa yo miami paske gen yon djazz se pou tab ak chez yo tap jwe nan miami last night.

joudre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

piyay pou pipo
jan pagay yo ye nouvel sa yo pa bon pou 050 di tout.

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KOULANGWIT MATCHOUBOULOUT!!! Shocked Shocked

GAD'ON PWENT!!! Mr. Green

Fox news mechan... te kwe yo di ke se an 2008 nan Washington D.C inogirasyon Obama an te fet??? Shocked

apa se te yereswa nan lakou montreal li te ye Mr. Green

Arly met tou poze kandida a la presidence... Mr. Green misyeu ap genyen 99.99 vote yo.. nou gentan konenn ki moun ki pap vote pou li... Mr. Green

UNE SEULE POINTE ET PUIS LE KAKAREL COMMENCE!!!

WE NEED A "BAYAKOU" CHEZ VOISIN PLEASE!!! Mr. Green

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg2byen wrote:
Gade moun gade moun... Bon yo pat ship enpe nan moun sa yo miami paske gen yon djazz se pou tab ak chez yo tap jwe nan miami last night.

JWE??? m'pa ka pa ri... Mr. Green

Zanmi suspann pase neg yo nan betiz non fre'm... Mr. Green

pou'w jwe fo'w gen yon odyans/espetak devan'w...

YO T'AP FE REPETISYON... Mr. Green

Sanrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Manman Bef... Te gen Manifestation nan Montreal? Shocked Shocked Shocked

RICKY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look la ap fe yon world tour. Tour sa rele TOUT MOUN JWEN

leodor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wi "Nou manke yon bagay" Vin'n di mwen sa nou manke la Jesus Christ Gadon Problem!!!!!! Nu Look yo di'w wi

rocketman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ann seryeu si les hommes te apresye positivite, NU-LOOK fer pa bagay
pou te gen bon jan bru nan HMI nan wi pou semaine saa.
I bet si se te negative tap gen bagay pou bat bouch pou on bon 3 semaine apres semaine sa, pou'n pa di moi. LOL

anyway, It can now be now confirmed that NU-LOOK is devoted to make a statement everywhere they go. BIG UP..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: