KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2011 GROUP OF THE YEAR KM AWARD NOMINATIONS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kreyol la is having the best year ever
djakout, carimi also have a good year
great albums, great videos but they are weak in certain markets

but i would vote for T-vice, they are hot in every market
Us, canada, france, haiti....
the band just lost a key member, they are still packing venues
my opinion

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Ernst

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEGKREYOL wrote:
Nu Look does not deserve to be in there... it's group of the year, not group of the 2nd half of the year.

They've only been relevant for the past month and a half.

KREYOL LA should not get it simply because of what their Rep Richard Urbain pulled at COMPAS ON BROADWAY. (THEY WON CD OF THE YEAR)

DJAKOUT MIZIK deserves this one... their cd is solid and they've been hot in all HMI MARKETS. No one thought they could ever bounce back to their
LA FAMILIA DAYS... They have proven everyone wrong.

I'm with you bro. I like how a lot of KM members are giving Kreol La more credit than they deserve because they don't want to give the proper respect to a particular band. Don't get me wrong, Kreol La has a solid cd. They have a strong year. However, they are not elite band yet. They are getting better as a band, but they are not there yet guys. How can they have the cd of the year when they don't have a hit song on the cd. However, other bands got at least 2 hit songs on their cd. We all know which band has the best summer tour in Haiti and they book all year long. The Haiti summer tour will decide which band got band of the year.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Djakout#1, merite sa....
nouvo jazz la vini ak bel cd, bel vdo, epi yo fe tout ane-a ap jwe nan tout kote net...c pa nan gran vil selman non, yo ale nan tout kwen Ayiti..yo sot gen pi bel ETE la plis tout sa yo fe deja

ZENGLEN PI RED

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

neg_okap wrote:
Dry Eyes se rans . Shocked Very Happy Djakout# 1 wins that one hands down.
Wi Kreyol ak Nu Look kouri ak tout djazz for the past 2 months but # 1 nan did it for the longest this year.

@ JayB,Dry eyes que vous etes. Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Se leu gen eleksyon selman yo we'w?
Espes de magouyeur... Laughing Laughing

Kryssou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
D) D) KREYOL LA: A hot cd, a busy schedule on the HMI circuit all over, including overseas (Zenith + Antilles), music videos delivered upon demand + more. Many are buzzing that this could be their year. Will the Evolution prove to be that? A suivre.

- I think Kreyol La has the BEST CD to be released in the market. Overall the CD is great. You rarely have to SKIP any track. That is the POWER of a great CD.

- They released an awesome video in "Avwe La Verite"

- Something that should be CONSIDERED as well, the BAND internally has not have much DRAMA or we have not HEARD of any internal trouble. That is something that should be respected.

- Kreyol La had an awesome TOUR in Paris not too long ago.

I really hope the ENTIRE INDUSTRY this band has done and give them their PROPS.

They deserve it!

I have nothing else to add Smile

Sanrick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Djakout # 1 got that one on lock.

Kreyol La comes next

Sanrick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ernst wrote:
NEGKREYOL wrote:
Nu Look does not deserve to be in there... it's group of the year, not group of the 2nd half of the year.

KREYOL LA should not get it simply because of what their Rep Richard Urbain pulled at COMPAS ON BROADWAY. (THEY WON CD OF THE YEAR)

DJAKOUT MIZIK deserves this one... their cd is solid and they've been hot in all HMI MARKETS. No one thought they could ever bounce back to their

I'm with you bro. I like how a lot of KM members are giving Kreol La more credit than they deserve because they don't want to give the proper respect to a particular band. Don't get me wrong, Kreol La has a solid cd. They have a strong year. However, they are not elite band yet. They are getting better as a band, but they are not there yet guys. How can they have the cd of the year when they don't have a hit song on the cd. However, other bands got at least 2 hit songs on their cd. We all know which band has the best summer tour in Haiti and they book all year long. The Haiti summer tour will decide which band got band of the year.

By the way, well said guys!

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To me it's a toss-up between Nu Look and Kreyol la.

Yo tou 2 gen solid CDs epi yap ranpli Club devan dèyè .

Kreyol la voye yon bel video pou album nan

Li le pou NL fe 2 VDO pou pouse kelke mizik nan album nan

D K Bess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanrick wrote:
Ernst wrote:
NEGKREYOL wrote:

By the way, well said guys!

A mésyé pa vin tiré piyé la... Arrow

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My vote goes to KREOL LA...They have an great overall CD....Tout mizik yo bon. They have done wonders live since the CD came out. Hard work and perseverance pays off.

KREOL LA has the best CD out there...Only Septen CD is close to KREOL LA CD.

KRWEOL LA get this hands down.. Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: