KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2011 GROUP OF THE YEAR KM AWARD NOMINATIONS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: 2011 GROUP OF THE YEAR KM AWARD NOMINATIONS! Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the 2011 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARD NOMINATIONS for "GROUP OF THE YEAR".

+ PREVIOUS WINNERS

*2010 CARIMI

*2009 NU LOOK

*2008: NU LOOK

*2007: T-VICE

*2006: NU LOOK

2010 KM MUSIC AWARD NOMINATIONS! (GROUP OF THE YEAR)
Listed in ALPHABETICAL ORDER

A) CARIMI: The group continued to ride off of their BUZZ cd. They did the Zenith for the second time, and still remained one of the hottest bands in the HMI for 2011. Will they retain their crown as Group of the year? A suivre.

B) DJAKOUT #1: A hot cd brought them the spotlight in a very positive way this year. A great Zenith appearance, and the hottest tour this Summer in Haiti by most accounts. Their stock did go up this year in the bal attendance department as well.

C) HARMONIK: Their cd might have been criticized by many in certain HMI circles, that still does not change the fact that they remained one of the hottest bands on the HMI circuit in terms of bal numbers and busy schedule.

D) KREYOL LA: A hot cd, a busy schedule on the HMI circuit all over, including overseas (Zenith + Antilles), music videos delivered upon demand + more. Many are buzzing that this could be their year. Will the Evolution prove to be that? A suivre.

E) NU LOOK: At the beginning of the year, many were chanting their demise, when the cd came out, the ship reversed course. They played the Zenith this year. Is the hot cd and hot bal circuit numbers towards the end of the year be enough to snatch them the group of the year award for the fourth time in 6years?

F) T-VICE: The band continues to be one of the hottest bands on the HMI bal circuit with their latest cd. Solid 2011 Summer tour of Haiti, and one can't ignore the BERCY show invite. Will they grab their second Group of the year award? A suivre.

WHO WILL WIN IT THIS YEAR....STAY TUNED?

PS: MORE 2011 KM AWARD NOMINATIONS are on the way.

KM!

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D) D) KREYOL LA: A hot cd, a busy schedule on the HMI circuit all over, including overseas (Zenith + Antilles), music videos delivered upon demand + more. Many are buzzing that this could be their year. Will the Evolution prove to be that? A suivre.

- I think Kreyol La has the BEST CD to be released in the market. Overall the CD is great. You rarely have to SKIP any track. That is the POWER of a great CD.

- They released an awesome video in "Avwe La Verite"

- Something that should be CONSIDERED as well, the BAND internally has not have much DRAMA or we have not HEARD of any internal trouble. That is something that should be respected.

- Kreyol La had an awesome TOUR in Paris not too long ago.

I really hope the ENTIRE INDUSTRY this band has done and give them their PROPS.

They deserve it!

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't argue with that DJ Kreyol... Its about FACTS. They hit all corners.. Well deserved..

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kreyol la pran ti sa san pale ampil

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D K Bess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KREYOL LA pran sa...

Neg yo pat chwazi EVOLUTION kom tit album nan pou anyen...
Djaz la travay anpil depi album nan soti a pou yo rivé koté yo yé la.

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is between keyolla and tvice for me

Carmelito

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Li extremement difficile pou mwen poum chwazi entre Kreyol La et Harmonik. Laughing

-Kl gen best album of 2011.

-Kl packed sou packed all year.

- Kl fait plus kob passer tout djazz.

- The word on the street is: mizicien Kreyol La yo bay medames yo pi bon PWENT passer tout lot mizicien.

Kl band of the year! Kreyol la it is, FINAL ANSWER!

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1.Nu look

Personal animus aside, you just don't lose a superstar the caliber of Gazzman Couleur and bounce back to or near the top of the heap this quickly. It's against the laws of physics!

2. Kreyol la/Djakout

Good albums/videos. Solid performances all over the place. Fantastic year all the way around.

yef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My vote goes to Kreyol la. I don't need to say anything more that they have been consistent at filling up clubs. They have released countless top of the line videos and the album is amazing.

Nu look could be the group of "half of the year". But if we're talking about 2011....no doubt it's kreyol la.

-Fabrice Rouzier

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely Kreyol La..
Pa gen manti lan sa...
Ane sa'a se ane Apach yo and their leader El Che...
Bravo pou Kreyol la...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: