KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

THE MAIN REASON WHY U DON'T GO TO PARTIES IS................
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: THE MAIN REASON WHY U DON'T GO TO PARTIES IS................ Reply with quote Back to top

WHICH ONE ON THIS LIST is the MAIN REASON why you don't go to HMI parties/bals anymore, or as much as you used to? If you have more than 1 pick, you can list them in order.....but THE MAIN ONE is important

A) The same bands/lineups all the time

B) The same CLUBS....They are not up to par

C) The PRICES for the events are too much

D) NO NEW BANDS have caught your attention

E) The partygoers are disrespectful

F) I have no time on my schedule

G) I've been bitten by the ZOUK DJ Parties bug

H) More interested in AMERICAN CLUB Parties

I) OTHER....(If not on the list....name it)

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) with a twist (same bs all the time ) you get use to it mi'm ti bagay la

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PIYO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A (same as Yanva, tense crowd)

C

G (crowd more receptive, more fun, less tense)

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: THE MAIN REASON WHY U DON'T GO TO PARTIES IS............ Reply with quote Back to top

A) The same bands/lineups all the time - This to me is the most important reason to me. I think the current music in general sucks. I mean really bad. The current bands that are on top have produced better music and performed better on the live circuit.
-
B) The same CLUBS....They are not up to par - The clubs do suck. And as you get older the less you tolerate them. But this isn't the most impactful reason.

C) The PRICES for the events are too much - I think the bands and promoters are thieves. They offer a sub standard product and sell it for such an over priced cost.

D) NO NEW BANDS have caught your attention - This doesn't bother me as much because as long top bands keep producing I don't need new bands.

E) The partygoers are disrespectful - This is true. But the entire scene is boring. The men are stalkers and the women are stuck up. The scene and crowds are very very bad.

F) I have no time on my schedule - Now that I am older and working full time, I don't have time to pay for an over priced bal where a band is playing sub standard music.

G) I've been bitten by the ZOUK DJ Parties bug - Doesn't apply to me

H) More interested in AMERICAN CLUB Parties - Doesn't apply to me

I) OTHER....(If not on the list....name it) - I can have a better time watching sports in my living room or going out to eat at a restaurant on a Friday night

But all in all, the HMI to me is in serious trouble and quite frankly the bands are doing nothing about it. Because all I see is musicians leaving bands to create another one.

If the bands really understood how sick this industry is, you wouldn't see all these bands breaking up.

KM![/quote]

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

F) I have no time on my schedule - Now that I am older and working full time, I don't have time to pay for an over priced bal where a band is playing sub standard music.

Sometimes I will get a yearning for live music or for a band that rarely tours e.g. Mizik Mizik/Zekle and I will almost pay anything to see them but those moments are few and far between.

FoFo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: THE MAIN REASON WHY U DON'T GO TO PARTIES IS............ Reply with quote Back to top

Its the same bands, same venues, same faces,
same everything. As you get older, you (some) get this
feeling of "been there, done that". Thats why mal
nan bal on special occasions or when friends are in
town.

@LadyK: talking about these 2, my most MEMORABLE
bal was Mizik Mizik/Zèklè at Bongos (Miami) Thanksgiving 09.
I'd pay anything as well to relive that experience.

FoFo #1♥

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A
B
C
D pwen barrrr

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: THE MAIN REASON WHY U DON'T GO TO PARTIES IS............ Reply with quote Back to top

FoFo wrote:
Its the same bands, same venues, same faces,
same everything. As you get older, you (some) get this
feeling of "been there, done that". Thats why mal
nan bal on special occasions or when friends are in
town.

@LadyK: talking about these 2, my most MEMORABLE
bal was Mizik Mizik/Zèklè at Bongos (Miami) Thanksgiving 09.
I'd pay anything as well to relive that experience.

That bal would be a dream for me. The last time I seen Mizik Mizik was last year at SOBs and it was grrrrrrrrrrreat. I think if I see Joel Widmaier singing Ce Ou Men'm live I would lose it. Embarassed Very Happy

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The primary reason for me is choice A) The same bands/lineups all the time. I have really, really lost the urge to step out of my house for redundancy. I preach to my promoter friends/clients all of the time about mixing things up a bit. Give the pre-existing struggling bands with good music a chance. Entice the patrons with a different theme of some sorts if you are using the same old bands. I would fight for the new bands BUT...choice D) NO NEW BANDS have caught my attention.

The new bands to me are trying too hard to be like CaRiMi (music and performance style) or Djakout #1. Where is the creativity?

I guess since a million bands a year are formed nowadays with the same exact musicians, one day one of them will get it right. Right? Confused

As for the other choices:

B) The same CLUBS....They are not up to par--Not just the same CLUBS but the same restaurants turned night club where the kitchen has become the dancefloor because you are the one who is cooking! Example, I stopped by Brasserie Creole the other night since I haven't seen Nu Look in a hot minute and wanted to show some support. It was a sweatbox in there with 1 ceiling fan, no AC, and air from outside "cooling" the venue. I stayed for 90 minutes, had 2 bottles of warm water (that's how they were serving them WARM), stood still yet sweated up a storm, and bounced. SMH

C) The PRICES for the events are too much--Doesn't really apply to me. However, more bang for the fans' bucks can be offered. Start on time, offer a show, look clean on stage, have good sound for the bands, etc etc.

E) The partygoers are disrespectful--I have never really had issues of partygoers being disrespectful to me. It's all about how you carry yourself.

F) I have no time on my schedule--Indeed. If it is not a client, then these bals are just not a priority for me on my schedule.

G) I've been bitten by the ZOUK DJ Parties bug--Nope. Not at all.

H) More interested in AMERICAN CLUB Parties--Club parties are just not my thing. I have come to appreciate the American concerts a lot more though.

I) OTHER....(If not on the list....name it)--Too many photographers with no professionalism. When you go to American events, the photographers always ask before taking your shot. The HMI events have a million photographers present with a good majority of them who snap your picture because they feel like it. Wap antre...FLASH! Wap danse...FLASH! Wap koze...FLASH! Wap manje...FLASH! They won't even ask you first. It really does get annoying. Rolling Eyes

Finally, after a while you really just grow up and move on. Parties with family and friends for special occasions are more worth your time. Like Fofo said, "been there, done that." I'll enjoy and support through official CDs and DVDs if anything. Arrow

Haitian Diva

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) same band/line ups- Its becomes redundant and predictable... Why should i travel out of my home to attend the same thing over and over??

E) the partygoers are RUDE!!! smh, someone always ends up drinking way to much and wants to create drama/fight...i don't think i dressed up to attend a party to end up running out like i'm at a street brawl..

C)The prices are too much, when you calculate the travel expenses (me) living in NJ, we have toll ($12), gas ($30) and then have to either look aimlessly for parking or just pay for parking ($20+), then the ticket price ($$$), it MAKES no sense!!

I) Other- The sound is TRASH!! I hate going to a party and the sound is horrible! I went to a party last weekend and the speakers either blew out or something..during the bal, while the band was on stage, they had to roll out a new speaker!! then when the other band got on stage the sound gave out!! Sometimes i don't blame the bands when they refuse to play if the sound is not up to par but we leave our house to be entertained, not to be standing there wondering why we are there in the first place.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: