Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DO OUR HMI FANS WANT ESTABLISHED OR NEW SINGERS IN NEW BANDS
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DO OUR HMI FANS WANT ESTABLISHED OR NEW SINGERS IN NEW BANDS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: DO OUR HMI FANS WANT ESTABLISHED OR NEW SINGERS IN NEW BANDS Reply with quote Back to top

DO OUR HMI FANS WANT ESTABLISHED OR NEW SINGERS IN NEW BANDS?

The latest NEW band to hit the HMI scene is KLASS, and they basically came with 2 singers that most regard as "NEW", or not having an established resume in the HMI. Some of the criticism that the band has received is "IF" it was GAZZMAN or PIPO on the vocals...They would be in a very comfortable position. At the same time, you also have certain sets of fans who actually prefer when a "NEW" face is introduced in front of a new band so that they don't get the "same old stuff".

Why can't HMI fans make up their minds.... Laughing Laughing

Which side of the fence are "YOU" on and why?
ESTABLISHED singer in a brand new band, or "NEW FACE" in a brand new band?

Why?

KM!

yef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the new faces. There is a lack of variety in the HMI. New faces bring excitement!

-Fabrice Rouzier

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New faces don't always say new talent...
we have lots of those on the HMI
but in Klass case those 2 new faces happen to have talent,
in my opinion they are rough diamonds that will be polished by the superstar maker, for that i am excited to see the final result
Cool
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yef wrote:
I prefer the new faces. There is a lack of variety in the HMI. New faces bring excitement!

I'm with Yef, I personally think it's refreshing to see a new crop of vocalist with a new band. It's like starting a new relationship where you're excited to find out new things about the other person but in this case it's a band. It doesn't hurt to see a couple of veteran musicians in the band but I prefer a new singer.

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With new faces, the mountain is harder to climb. It takes time for the public to get used to them. Imagine if Richie had this new band with Gazman or reunited with Gracia. Nou tap di ke jazz sa fet tou granmoun
But in reality, this business is in dire need of new faces especially in the compas genre. But not just new faces...they also need to be talented

WaYan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm always for new faces because that's how we can discover new talent who in turn may bring something new.

For Klass especially I wanted a new singer with not much resume because I know Richie would bring the best in him/her.

joudre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
in my opinion they are rough diamonds that will be polished by the superstar maker, for that i am excited to see the final result
Cool

how are Hollywood and klemay new faces Don?

Sekinam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joudre wrote:
DONCUE_69 wrote:
Cool

They are new faces because they have yet to record a CD, and I’m sure you know that.
I’m glad Klass starts with 2 new faces because Gazzman is on his way down while Klemay and Hollywood
are on their way up.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sekinam wrote:
joudre wrote:
DONCUE_69 wrote:
Cool

They are new faces because they have yet to record a CD, and I’m sure you know that.

le joudre, le sekinam reponn ou wi blood
le agreed ? Very Happy
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New face mean new talent and I am all for that

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: