KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MAC D ON THE 3 BIGGEST HITS IN HARMONIK'S CATALOG + MORE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: MAC D ON THE 3 BIGGEST HITS IN HARMONIK'S CATALOG + MORE! Reply with quote Back to top

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Has the crazy success of "Mwen Bouke", especially in Haiti…made you SLOW DOWN on releasing your next cd For fear that there might not be a song on there to match the crazy popularity of "Mwen Bouke"?
MAC D.: "Not really! We are still working on it. As a matter of fact, we do have songs that have potential like Mwen Bouke. Nou just ap analyze!

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: To you, What are the TOP 3 Biggest hit songs on the Harmonik catalog as of TODAY? Rank them from 1,2,3 in terms of popularity all across?
MAC D. "1) Obsede 2) Mwen Bouke 3) Jere'm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: So you think MWEN BOUKE still hasn't surpassed the popularity of "Obsede"? Is it even close, or you don't think it will?
MAC D.: "Obsede is a mega hit, we have to acknowledge that without a video that could actually describe the story. Till now this song is still touching people's hearts. Mwen Bouke is also a mega hit where the video plays a great role. As far as I am concerned, they are both hits and hey play two different roles.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Has the success of "Mwen Bouke" pretty much put the second Harmonik cd on PAUSE MODE? True or False?
MAC D.: "Not true cause people are still requesting songs like More than enough, I heart you, and Bo kote'w.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How is the Haiti tour coming along so far?
MAC D.: "We have performed 4 shows already and we are moving on starting Cap-Haitien tomorrow, nonstop till the 27th. things are great down here!

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: When can we expect the new HARMONIK CD? Sources tell us November because of cd release parties that promoters close to the band are doing?
MAC D.: "I'm not sure, but it might be around that time.

Alo see
HARMONIK SNAPSHOTS FROM HAITI!
http://www.kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewtopic.php?t=42274

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deutch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WI DI SA FO ATIS LA....NOU GEN PLIS HIT TOUJOU WI....ALBUM JERE'M NAN.....SE HIT NET WI

*** LOBE'Y LA PRAN LARI ***

*** MWEN KANPE AN DIFISIL SOU GRIMEL YO***

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kompared

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only difference between OBSEDE and MWEN BOUKE is that MWEN BOUKE became a hit the first second the video was released whereas it took OBSEDE some time to become a megahit in the USA.

I still think TRUE LOVE in the first CD could have been a major hit if the group exploited it. This is my favorite HARMONIK song by the way. The group barely plays this song.

Good Luck with the tour guys...!!! Very Happy

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey they can pick anything from the first album or Nicky previous

not for me that is .. but the street did choose ..>>>>

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChandlerMarthelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
The only difference between OBSEDE and MWEN BOUKE is that MWEN BOUKE became a hit the first second the video was released whereas it took OBSEDE some time to become a megahit in the USA.

I still think TRUE LOVE in the first CD could have been a major hit if the group exploited it. This is my favorite HARMONIK song by the way. The group barely plays this song.

Good Luck with the tour guys...!!! Very Happy

si'w te proche mwen, mwen tap bawou la main !!! TRUE LOVE sé youn nan pi bel mizik HARMONIK !! dommage neg yo pa exploré mizik sa plis !!

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great interview Pat.

The band is working very hard, and i now that with the upcoming album, we will be back where we belong.

Thx for the 411 Mac

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

owen1055

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Obsede is the best song by the group so far. The music and lyrics were right on point.

yef

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the interview Pat!!!
Mwen Bouke has built a lot of anticipation on what the group will release later on!

That's an album I cannot wait to get my hands on!!

-Fabrice Rouzier

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siksè Mwen bouke bay net yo plis tan pou travay sou album nan, an plis li lage yon ti pressure sou yo tou pou yo delivre bon machadiz.

Mwen Bouke akonpaye de bel VDO sa a fè plis ravage ke obesede.

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think "Mwen Bouke" has surpassed "Obsede" in my opinion. I like Obsede more but Mwen Bouke ap fe plis ravaj ke li. Maybe it's because of the VDO that came out the same time with the song, Mwen Bouke made an instant impact.
As far as picking the three biggest HITs in Harmonick catalog, no disrespectful but I don't think they have more than three hits in their catalog, so it should be easy. Maybe putting them in order might have been the only thing McD had to think about it. And that shouldn't be that hard cause it's between Mwen bouk and Obsede.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: