KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

GABEL SHORT FILM & MUSIC VIDEO "I BELIEVE IN U"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Video Of The Year Hands Down...Epi Mwen Siyen Deye'l #GJPY

XXplosive

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice video. They could have shorten the movie intro since the story j s pretty simple or accentuate more on the classroom session to show more interaction between the student and thr teacher.
Other than that, the video is well filmed, it goes with the song. Great work.

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I don't see the game changer in that film/Video. The short film is ok, but boring to me.After watching it thoroughly for the first time,I found myself skipping it many times so I could get to the video part. The video itself is just simple,but will work for gabel,and nothing more. Nothing to say wow,and i think this video will be short lived.

I remember when Carimi did the Trilogy video,how so many people were saying game changer,but that concept did not do much for carimi,and I didn't see any other band tried to mimic the concept.

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gabel has been doing the damn thing and can't nobody take it away from them.. They deserve their credit! In regards to this video/film, I think they were headed in the right direction, but just a few glitches that I think took away from their presentation. But overall, I think the risk was worth it. First off, Im not a fan of this song. Well the English beginning didn't move me a bit. I was hoping the song got better.. and it did, with the French. I would've preferred it to be entirely in French cause I really was turned off in the beginning but that's just my personal taste and feel to my ears. No likey at all. Oh and the harmony between the two singing artists could've been more smoother but whatever.. fast forward. The film itself: NICE! I definitely enjoyed the acting with the MALE. You can tell this is not an amateur skill that he has. He played his role very well. A few parts of the leading lady was questionable. At times believable.. at other times, Im surprised the director didn't do a "retake".

Short film is exactly what it is.. a short film, but in the same breath, short but enough to make a story whole. I felt there were holes in the story that could've been filled to make it more complete. Like someone mentioned before, more interaction between the teacher and student would've made it more complete. It jumped from one scene to another. I think it needed a in between then it would make more sense.. BUT over all, I get it.. Im just a perfectionist and would have rather aced the video at 100% cause it could have been. Im glad they are focused on making history in releasing so many videos w one album. Pretty Dope! But the song wasn't dope to my ears at all. but at least the video/film brought it to life... somewhat.

Good Work GABEL! Keep it Up! "I See Youu"...

JMPerry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Firs things first, I'd like to congratulate Gabel on pushing the envelope, coming with something different, out of the norm in order to catch the audience and fans' attention. Success on that front and I must say that it's not what I was expecting; so good surprise. Bon travay Gabel in putting this out. I clearly see where they were going with it and over all they delivered. Now with the one thing that bothered me the MOST about the video, and OneLove stated it below.

onelove for haiti wrote:
Ah mesye mwen gen yon pwoblem avek fen Videyo a mwen pa Konnen kiyes ki ka explike'm li souple...

The whole video, TO ME, was about, believing in yourself, overcoming the horrible incident that happened to her, therefore, "I Believe in U"! Now why in the world would the video not end on a positive note with the main actress actually being happy and overcoming all that happened to her? The ending of the video tells me that she's just back into the same slump. Maybe I'm missing the point.

Overall, great concept epi bon bagay Gabel. I got mad respect and love for the band and the way they are attacking the business from different angles. Keep it up guys!

JMPerry

Sanrick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JMPerry wrote:
Firs things first, I'd like to congratulate Gabel on pushing the envelope, coming with something different, out of the norm in order to catch the audience and fans' attention. Success on that front and I must say that it's not what I was expecting; so good surprise. Bon travay Gabel in putting this out. I clearly see where they were going with it and over all they delivered. Now with the one thing that bothered me the MOST about the video, and OneLove stated it below.

onelove for haiti wrote:
Ah mesye mwen gen yon pwoblem avek fen Videyo a mwen pa Konnen kiyes ki ka explike'm li souple...

The whole video, TO ME, was about, believing in yourself, overcoming the horrible incident that happened to her, therefore, "I Believe in U"! Now why in the world would the video not end on a positive note with the main actress actually being happy and overcoming all that happened to her? The ending of the video tells me that she's just back into the same slump. Maybe I'm missing the point.

Overall, great concept epi bon bagay Gabel. I got mad respect and love for the band and the way they are attacking the business from different angles. Keep it up guys!

JMPerry

Well said man!

Keep up the good work Gabel!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice and enjoyable movie..
Kudos to Gabel and the production crew..
The lenght of the film reminds me of MJ's Thriller..
I hope that there's a shorter version sinon video a pap pase lan TV trop souvent..
Again, bravo Gabel..

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
Very nice and enjoyable movie..
Kudos to Gabel and the production crew..
The lenght of the film reminds me of MJ's Thriller..
I hope that there's a shorter version sinon video a pap pase lan TV trop souvent..
Again, bravo Gabel..

li pap yon problem pou TV, yo ka just komanse video a kote mizik la komanse ya epi finil kote mizik la fini an.
short film lan yo ka passel lan special emisyon....
antouka Gabel ap fe yo wel seriezman papa
kudos to the crew
Cool
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

kazak-lakol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bold and creative. I personally would've used Gabel's own music in the background instead....

Whoever edited the video has a lot of potential, that bathroom scene was believable!

I only like the second half of the song, but since this is about the video i'll say good Job.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked

REAL TALK

Epa SEXY T...Gabel #1 fan came on KM and posted on a few topics, including a couple of posts from 2 days ago...EPI LI PA OKUPE post VIDEO Gabel la "I Believe in U" a?

Is it a mistake/coincidence, or what?
HMMM... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: