Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - PIERROT AL-KHAL'S BLAST AT THE HMI ESTABLISHMENT ON.......
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

PIERROT AL-KHAL'S BLAST AT THE HMI ESTABLISHMENT ON.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: PIERROT AL-KHAL'S BLAST AT THE HMI ESTABLISHMENT ON....... Reply with quote Back to top

We were having a conversation with PIERROT AL-KHAL this morning about the HMI in general and the business of Compas, and that is when he let something out of the bag that has been killing him on the inside for years.

PIERROT: "Pat, I have been in the HMI for 40 years. I have helped many many bands from the past to the present with their businesses. I can tell you that ONLY ONCE...ONLY 1 GROUP has managed to thank me for all of my years in this business...LI RELE TABOU COMBO. KAPI, HERMAN, as well as the rest of the guys have stated to people in front of me about how I used to help them out when they first started.

In contrast, in 1 year in the rap kreyol game with TPO, I have gotten more appreciation from artists than in my own compas genre in 40 years of service. Guys like IZOLAN and FANTOM have gone the extra mile in appreciating my value to Haitian music. LE SA RIVE...SA TOUCHE'M ANPIL...and at the same time SA FE'M MAL ANPIL TOU. 40 Years in the game.....EPI SE NAN DOMAINE RAP KREYOL LA ke mwen gin 1 an seulement ke map vire ladan li ke yo bank plus respe/appreciation."

You could tell that Pierrot was clearly upset about that.

PS: To many people, they know Pierrot as T-Vice's logistics guy and TPO manager; but to others...including myself, I know him as much more than that for all that he used to do back in the days as one of the top managers in the game for many many years with GYPSIES/SCORPIO and more.

*ALSO READ....
HMI MANAGERS TODAY DON'T COMPARE TO PAST ONES SAYS..........
http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewtopic.php?t=43425

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

dejwe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

he truly deserve to be treated better then that... i have heard of him and hes work but the question should be why??? i always see him and respect him beause i always see hes a well respected man but why maybe that's a question he might be able to answer by himself paske kounye a tout moun pwal di ke oui ceci cela misye bon vre but poukisa lot yo pa janm fe li avan...it's the business fault we should be able to honnor people like this who have invested all their lives in this business. but with all due respect to you my man why do you think no one has ever said that? would love to hear your opinion on this

Tasha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's sad but not surprising. People rarely thank you for the positive things you do but quick to blast you when things go wrong. I hope the people that he has truly helped read this and let him know that they actually appreciate everything he has done for them.

joudre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tell Pierrot to stop crying and get in line behind a multitude of actual artist/singers/musicians who has not gotten their proper respects and recognition!

The list is so long that I dont know where to start!

The man is barking at the wring tree!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's sad but it happens on all walks of life, doesn't mean it's right but Mr. Al-Khal should continue being who he is and that's a man who obviously loves our music and is willing to share what he has learned to help musicians past and present.

Quote:
The simple act of saying 'thank you' is a demonstration of gratitude in response to an experience that was meaningful to a customer or citizen.

God Bless!

Deutch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joudre wrote:
Tell Pierrot to stop crying and get in line behind a multitude of actual artist/singers/musicians who has not gotten their proper respects and recognition!

@JOUDRE......THAT WASN'T NICE BRO.....PIERROT IS A VERY NICE GUY...SHOW SOME RESPECT......

*** LOBE'Y LA PRAN LARI ***

*** MWEN KANPE AN DIFISIL SOU GRIMEL YO***

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back then, Pierrot was known as The Impresario..
Pierrot has done a lot in the HMI..

Pierrot, thanks for your services though I've said thanks to you many many times before..

joudre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deutch wrote:
joudre wrote:

@JOUDRE......THAT WASN'T NICE BRO.....PIERROT IS A VERY NICE GUY...SHOW SOME RESPECT......

Where have I disrespected the guy???

All i've said is for the man to stop whining, because there's a long list and he is surely nowhere the top of that list!

And how can that be you trashing managers if today calling them tresorier and at the same time demanding respect???

I was born Early 80's.. I sure dont know a thing about who he is, what he has done! Franckly, I dont care to know..
What he needs to do is call his peers from late 60's and 70's and get recognition from them!
Stop accusing this generation!

RoseJaune

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joudre wrote:
Deutch wrote:
joudre wrote:

Where have I disrespected the guy???

All i've said is for the man to stop whining, because there's a long list and he is surely nowhere the top of that list!

Justement.!..you said it right there ...you were born early 80's...so the smart thing to do is keep it quiet if you know nothing about the guy!certainly also don't say there are plenty before him that should get recognized, again like YOU said you are too young to know of this era ..so keep it quiet!

And how can that be you trashing managers if today calling them tresorier and at the same time demanding respect???

I was born Early 80's.. I sure dont know a thing about who he is, what he has done! Franckly, I dont care to know..
What he needs to do is call his peers from late 60's and 70's and get recognition from them!
Stop accusing this generation!

joudre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blanc Rosejaune.. M'pa konn ki lang ou pale..
But it's old foggies like you who can't see their times has passed and require this generation to worship them!!
I ain't got to keep quiet, because this is my era.. If y'all wanna have a very very old timers party.. GO BACK TO THE EARLY 1920's!

I didn't know it was a job for me to find Pierrot and talk about him.. If the man has not done anything worth recording it ain't my fault!

I will repeat it again.. Neg la se te yon manager li te te epi li bezwen moun panse li te yon legende! Whatever!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: