Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - I TURNED DOWN KREYOL LA JOB BECAUSE OF....(FABRICE FOMBRUN)
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

I TURNED DOWN KREYOL LA JOB BECAUSE OF....(FABRICE FOMBRUN)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: I TURNED DOWN KREYOL LA JOB BECAUSE OF....(FABRICE FOMBRUN) Reply with quote Back to top

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the note from FABRICE FONBRUM about why he decided to turn down KREYOL LA.

FABRICE FONBRUM: "Press Release

Fabrice Fombrun - Kreyol La

Warm salutations to all fans supporting Haitian music and its artists, and also to all press media representatives.

Following this past weekend’s festivities, I wanted to shed some light on the matter of my integration into the Kreyol La music band.
At the beginning of May I received a phone call from Ti-Jo Zenny asking me if I would be interested to join Kreyol La in the aftermath of Ti-Ansyto’s resignation from the band, along with Ansyto Mercier’s devastating health complications. First off, I must say that I felt greatly honored to be offered such an opportunity, and I would like to thank Ti-Jo and Ton Jeff once again for trusting me with such an assignment.

In the immediate future, the band was scheduled to perform at a major upcoming annual event (Konpa Festival) along with two more bookings during that same weekend in Miami. Faced with that “emergency” and the admiration I hold for the band, I wanted very strongly to put my experience at the band’s disposal and contribute to the musical and artistic success of that weekend. Therefore we proceeded to temporarily integrate me into the band while awaiting my final answer. That weekend turned out to be very successful all in all, and the festival was a true Victory for Kreyol La. This was the goal for each of the band’s musicians given the rough times the band was going through.

However, this opportunity poses a personal dilemma. Multiple criteria and factors are involved in my reaching a final decision.

Firstly, of the 10 years spent living in Paris I spent the last 5 traveling the world on a regular basis as a keyboard player with Daan Junior. I am now convinced that the Haitian musical scene barely holds any secrets for me, and that I sadly have little more left to uncover about it (or maybe just much less desire for it…). I have traveled a lot and played in famous venues, for very different crowds in Europe, Africa, North America, the Caribbean and a large portion of the «provinces» of Haiti.

Secondly, I was recently offered a very interesting position (full-time responsibilities) in Haiti, within a new firm that I really wished to collaborate with. I accepted the offer and started on this new journey, despite the fact these responsibilities diverge from music which remains my true passion. And that is exactly what constitutes the challenge in this opportunity. And I won’t even get into the financial stability it offers, which is incomparable to the “risky” nature of a musician’s situation (made even worse when in the HMI…). Seen from this angle, the equation appears quite logical.

So, following Ti-Jo’s first phone call, this was my dilemma: engaging in a new activity field, a new challenge (away from my passion) or carry on with music professionally as I had done during the last six years? Well, this was no easy decision and it required prolonged thought. And regardless of my final decision, both alternatives would be equally difficult to carry on…

And so it was with a heavy heart that last Sunday, after our 3 performances in Miami, that I informed Ti-Jo, Ton Jeff and Stanley of my decision to turn down their offer given the incompatibility of the two professional projects. They are both full-time responsibilities that require my full attention and 100% personal investment.

I know however that Kreyol La is one of the tightest and most close-knit of Haitian musical bands and that it will very rapidly get back to it full capacity. Fans were given a chance to witness that capacity once again this past weekend in Miami, which was a fair success for Kreyol La. The essential elements are already in place, «se dènyé kawoutchou a selman ki manké»

I wish them much success for the future! And I have no doubt that more artistic collaborations will result from this first short-lived journey. But that shall be seen in a new Chapter…

Fabrice Fombrun

KM!

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kouman yon moun fe pa respekte profesionel ak moun ki al lekol Rolling Eyes

kouman yon moun ak tout bon espri li, pa dako ak sa fabrice di la yo Rolling Eyes

de jou an jou, moun entelijan ap bay HMI la do

Fabrice, mpa rekonet w pesonelman, men mon cher decizion sa se yon gran e bon decision w pran apre tout saw di la yo

Good luck Kreyol la

PS: mizisien al lekol tande selman, al lekol Evil or Very Mad

ZENGLEN PI RED

Deutch

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@GENTLEMAN1....NEG LA SON GRIMO LI YE WI BRODEU...SA' W TE XPEK?...OU DEJA KONNIN DECISYON FABRICE LA TAP OUJOU BON PATIZAN....

ANTOUKA MESI POU BEL KONSEY OU BAY TOUT MIZISYEN POU YO CHACHE ROUTE LEKOL....PASKE VIRITE A SE NAN LEKOL LA LI YE WI...

*** LOBE'Y LA PRAN LARI ***

*** MWEN KANPE AN DIFISIL SOU GRIMEL YO***

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
owen1055

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is how a professional handles turning down an opportunity. We all can read in between the lines

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deutch wrote:
@GENTLEMAN1....NEG LA SON GRIMO LI YE WI BRODEU...SA' W TE XPEK?...OU DEJA KONNIN DECISYON FABRICE LA TAP OUJOU BON PATIZAN....

ANTOUKA MESI POU BEL KONSEY OU BAY TOUT MIZISYEN POU YO CHACHE ROUTE LEKOL....PASKE VIRITE A SE NAN LEKOL LA LI YE WI...

eskize'm wi patizan. kote mwen respekte amour w gen pou Grimo-Grimel
men mwen pa rive nan pwen pou'm di nempot sa Grimo-grimel fe bon

w fem santi jan wap pale, mwen ka tronpem wi
depi yon Grimo ta mande'w pwenti'w, w ap aksepte rapid,
paske c yon Grimo ki mandew sa...

bon desizion pa depan de kouleur moun Arrow

ZENGLEN PI RED

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

map sukjere Roody Delpe ak Jude Severe...
tou 2 konn chante, tou 2 konn pwodui, tou 2 konn konpoze...epi tou 2 sipesta deja...
mete T-Joe lan mitan 2 neg sa yo epi gaz kole...

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to thank Fabrice for so eloquently elaborating the true specifics on why he turned down the offer and I hope some people in the HMI took notes carefully on how he thoughtfully responded and no ill will.

I wish Fabrice Fombrun all the best with all his future endeavors.

God Bless.

bel_melody

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg la fe yon pil literati pou yon simple decision lap pran. Good luck to both parties.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bel_melody wrote:
Neg la fe yon pil literati pou yon simple decision lap pran. Good luck to both parties.

wap swiv..ou paket extra pou gran mesi...

anslyto

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oui li fe yon paket literati pou nom li pa sale , paske gen moun nan vi a ki sansib pou nom yo , tout kom genyen tou ki pa konn valeur nom yo.. Mwen juge se yon bel bagay , sa prouve ke li respekte neg Kreyol la yooo, e li respekte fanatik ki te gentan kwe li se member Kreyol la, konsa le nou we li nan lari , nou pa bezwen lonje dwet sou li kom vagabon, men.. pito kom neg serye.. Bravo Fabrice Fombrun

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: