KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NuLook vs Klass at Amazura
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: NuLook vs Klass at Amazura Reply with quote Back to top

This is how it went down. Amazura area is partly residential, so if you are used to go to Amazura you know how hard it is to find a parking spot but last night was worst.

Anyway, I got there pretty early 10:50 pm but got inside by 11:15 pm. Although, the line was long but moved pretty fast. No chewing gums allowed inside. Never heard such a thing. No respect for Haitian people. They would never dare to tell a white audience or otherwise not to bring chewing gum inside. That's another subject.

I waited for over an hour before the party began but DJ Stark was on point with Zouk, Konpa, Reggae and hip hop etc..

The MC was Fanfan Tibot of Tabou Combo introducing NuLook and Klass.

NuLook was the first band to play. The musicians came first than the Superstar made a grand entrance with a loud applause from the fans. Although the night was a black affair, he had a pinkish sport jacket but underneath, he had all black attire."Nice".

I didn't expect to hear the usual"term musical" because nowadays, the new generation bands don't do that but NuLook did. Then Laporte started the night singing one of the old NuLook songs while playing his guitar and Arly walked away then an all white classical violon band got on stage with NuLook.

Arly came back then NuLook started playing one of the songs of the new album. I was taken by surprise and static by the performance of the band and the violinists and the king chair. I was really happy for Arly and NuLook. More importantly for Konpa direk.

The night in my opinion belongs to Arly and NuLook. You know why? Because Arly knew what he was about to face so he came prepared. The interaction between the fans and Arly were outstanding. I saw the band performed before but last time was a night to remember. For the record NuLook is not the first band to introduce violon to Konpa, Skahshah was with the album "On the move". However, NuLook took it to another level.

Phase two is Klass. It took at least 40 minutes for Klass to set up. That's understandable. After the set up, the band lined up to play. Yo pa joue term musical, I don't know why. Then the undisputed the number one Konpa vocalist made his big entrance, not from back stage but from the ground floor crowd. He was carried by a fan or friend I suppose to the stage. Then the band began to play and yes the man, Pipo moved the crowd. That voice is really strong and impeccable, Pipo does what he does best: sing his heart out. He also had a segment where he dressed with a white bling bling jacket and did a Michael Jackson impression :"Billie Jeans"which got the crowd pumped up.

Apparently, there has been statements made in the street that Arly and NuLook started the crowd singing along thing so Richie takes it as a disrespect and challenged those facts by starting humming some old Zenglen songs whith the crowd. Another word:saying Richie: I rest my case.

In closing, Klass closed the party with a bang by then it was past 4 am, people were already exiting the club. It was a great night to remember but as a Klass fan, the night belonged to Arly and NuLook.

Klass should have been more prepared. The martress segment and the two dancers didn't cut it for me. The integration of the violon band had a greater impact on me than anything else.

This report is a fair one for any open minded fans who were there last night. And if anyone looks at my previous posts, clearly, one will see that I am a bit biased toward Klass because I prefer Klass over NuLook but it is what it is. Arly and NuLook did their thing last night, period.

Sincerely,
Shah

T-UZ STILI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shah paske NL mete violon li genyen soirée a, epi KLASS pa bzwen moun tankou ou kom fanatic....

joudre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW??? Shocked

Paske neg la bay yon review pou yon neg gentan estomake konsa? Question

AU CONTRAIRE.. M'we misyeu on ti jan "lenient" envers klass.. Misyeu pa menm pale de monan yo boo klass la menm!

A ti mesyeu nou two emosyonel!

Nou konnen jou sa te gen pou'l rive!

Bel rivyou.. Epi mesi!

T-UZ STILI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blodeur ki rele joudre la mwen we objectif ou se pouw destroy KLASS , RICHIE, PIPO. ....se mission ou sa sou board lan...

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

T-UZ STILI wrote:
Shah paske NL mete violon li genyen soirée a, epi KLASS pa bzwen moun tankou ou kom fanatic....

Ti Uz Stili,

Menm lè ou fanatik, men fòk ou reyalis. Mwen panse Shah fè yon trè bèl revyou, li rezime sware a egzakteman jan l pase a vrèman. Si n pap bay tèt mwen manti, an tèm de espektak, prezantasyon avèk reyaksyon piblik la, Nu-Look genyen sware a san manti. Ou ka santi Arly te gentan konnen ke Klass gen momenntòm moman an kòm avantaj, misye te pi byen prepare pou l monte yon pi bèl show. Nu-Look te vin prezante yon bèl show. E tou, lè w'ap gade tout mizisyen sa yo Nu-Look monte sou sèn nan, li fè yon gwo enpak nan lespri piblik la. Tranzisyon chanjman sèn Nu-look yo fèt pi dous, kote ke pou Klass te gen ti twou vid, tout bagay sa yo konte. Arly siprann anpil moun, mwen pa't panse misye te yon "showman" konsa. Men an nou rete avèk tèt nou kalm, san kleren ladan l, lè n'ap pale de Konpa Dirèk Nemours Jean-Baptiste te kreye a, Klass bay Nu-Look yon leson Konpa Dirèk. Nu-Look genyen show a nan pi bèl prezantasyon, men Klass toujou rete top djaz k'ap jwe pi bon Konpa Dirèk la nan moman an.

NT

joudre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ti blodeur ou we laaaaaaaaaaa

M'pa nan va et vient ak pesonn!!

Kote NU LOOK SOT DEMANNTIBILE KLASS NAN AMAZURA hier soir lan.. M'pap ban nou okenn enpotans!

Map kwaze pye mwen pou'm gade nou kap jwe defans!!!

La date du 29 aout 2014 sera gravee dans la memoire des melomanes a perpetuite!

Gladmy Spring valley33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the review bro

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dalida

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Nu-Look and Arly Larivierre. Yo dim klass pat regle anyen yeswa. Laughing

Tipe-a

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review!
Car Dieu a tant aimé NULOOK qu'il a donné son Fils ARLY, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu'il ait la vie éternelle. Jean3:16

Gazzman Pleura. Jean11:35

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review.
Klass did not lose the war, Nu Look just won one battle..
The HMI was the big winner last night..
Congrats to Nu Look and Maestro Larivière for the wonderful show..
Waiting already for round two..
Map félisité fantik Nu Look yo for never losing faith..
Nou met ouvri kantité thread nou vle, you got a free pass from me today!
Enjoy your victory

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: