Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - TURBO'S EYE OPENING COMMENTS ON KLASS/NU LOOK SHOWDOWN!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TURBO'S EYE OPENING COMMENTS ON KLASS/NU LOOK SHOWDOWN!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: TURBO'S EYE OPENING COMMENTS ON KLASS/NU LOOK SHOWDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

We spoke to Orlando promoter TURBO who as you know, has very close relations with both Klass and Nu Look; as well as PIPO and ARLY. We asked him about the KLASS/NU LOOK party that took place in NYC on Friday. This is what he told me.

TURBO: "Well, if you check your archives, I did say that those 2 bands...MY BANDS Klass and Nu Look would be the 2 bands that would be controlling the market. Those 2 bands played well, but the bottom line is NU LOOK gave a show/concert, while KLASS played a BAL. It's very simple. It's only logical that Nu Look came out better for the fans. Now it's on to the next show, the rematch to see how it's going to go.
(Kreyol) "Si ou tcheke archiv yo, wap we ke mwen te di w ke 2 jaz sa yo..JAZ PA M YO, se yo ki tap 2 jaz ki ta pral controle maket la. Nu Look bay yon concert epi Klass se BAL li te jwe, so se normal ke moun yo pense ke Nu Look te pi bien passe. Kounien an se prochain show a pou nou gade kijan sa pral pase.

NU LOOK clearly won the battle, but having said that, that does not make them #1 because of that. One night is not enough to take away all that KLASS has done for the past year. Klass is still number 1 for now and Nu Look is number 2.
(Kreyol) Nu Lokk gin yin match la...sa se clair...Min pou tet ou bat yon bal, sa pa vle di ke ou #1 pou sa. Yon grin nuit la pa asse pou determine ke yon jaz #1. Ou paka efface sa Klass tap fe pou tout ane a. Klass numero 1 toujou pou kounien an, epi Nu Look numero 2.

I spoke to both Arly and Pipo/Richie after the show and I heard what they told me. It was weird that Pipo tells me that a few minutes before KLASS started, he tested his wireless microphone, and it was working; but it suddenly did not work when he was trying to come in from the limousine to the stage. I am not going to say Sabotage because I did not see it with my own eyes; but what I can say is that it was strange for that to happen.
(Kreyol) Mwen pale ak Arly e ak Pipo/Richie apres show a e mwen tande tout sa yo te di m. Mwen pense ke li tres dwol ke Pipo gin yon wireless microphone ki tap mache tres bien anvan show a, epi le lap commence show li a...li vin pa mache. Mwen pap di sa se sabotaj paske mwen pat we sa ak yeux mwen, min mwen pense ke li drole anpil.

I am hearing that Richard Urbain is talking about rematch this or rematch that, but I can tell you is that I don't see Richard Urbain doing that party again and he knows why. I don't need to say anything else but Richard Urbain knows that he CAN'T do that party again. He knows the reason why; but I'll keep it to myself for now. All in all, congrats to both Nu Look and Klass."
(Kreyol)Mwen tande ke Richard Urbain ap pale de rematch, but mwen ka di w ke mwen pa we Richard Urbain kap fe fet sa anko...e li ko n poukisa. Mwen pa bezwen di anyin anko sou dossier sa; min Richard Urbain konen ke li PAKA fe fet sa anko. Map jus di compliments a tou les deux jaz yo Nu Look ak Klass."

KM!

metbeton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nou ta renmen konnen poukisa Richard Urbain paka fè fèt sa ankò?

Canteev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I can think of why Richard wouldn't be able to do this showdown is maybe because he had to pay so much to make this one happen.

Polo Valdez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is why....pure and simple I am pretty sure that Richard was aware that Nu Look was going to put on a show/concert not a bal....all that secrecy ....ya di ya da....ended up being classified information. Would you trust him to handle a rematch if there will be one? This is just my opinion! In fairness and neutrality, that is enough to warrant a new venue and producer

HappyMax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As per Turbo: I don't see Richard Urbain doing that party again and he knows why. I don't need to say anything else but Richard Urbain knows that he CAN'T do that party again. He knows the reason why; but I'll keep it to myself for now.

------

1- Price Tag (Stock of both bands are skyrocketed). The bands got a sense of the profit Richard made and will make sure it does not happen again. They will want a better piece of the pie

2- Unfair treatment? May be one band felt that Richard Urbain knew about the over preparedness of one camp and did not warn the other. Or what if Richard contributed in paying the cost of the orchestra and the high rolling chair for Nulook and just give Klass a used mattress and a broken wireless microphone because he gave Klass a little bit money in the get-go

Either way, I do not feel Turbo. Why not saying: It will be a hard thing for Richard Urbain to repeat without the help of others and I am willing to chip in next time.

Just a simple thing that the HMI just accomplished and you are hearing it in the domain of "impossible to repeat" already. Are we sick or just condemned to stay in the mediocrity for ever...Anybody watching America's got talent and see what everyday's guys are doing with little to no budget.. I am just sick of such non-senses Calgon Take me away

leodor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tuipppsssssss!! Ko'm Richard paka fe'l ankò wa vini fe'l Big Dawwwwwggggg!! Nèg toujou gin yon intro se NL/Klass li ye pou moune ka ba li kredi lè lap pale tintin! Tout moune konnin se Pipo ou se yon sel Djazz ou ye!! Sezisman sa poko fini toujou

androdro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gwo toutou re fè sifas Anko !

Bon fat Albert ap Cheche yon ti klere!!

belfam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A la des zistwarrr
Tout mounn ap gonfle ponyet yo loll

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO'S EYE OPENING COMMENTS ON KLASS/NU LOOK SHOWDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Pat will not ask that follow up question which is" Why RU can't do the rematch". I guess the answer is G14 classify.

joudre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A la kote big dawg mendiant tou papa? Oh oh??
Misyeu ap mande la charite bal la en francais!!

Sedi li anvi di ke Rodney pa ka fe bal la pou ko li e ni richard pat gen dwa fe bal sa san li pat ladann!

M'poko janm we big dawg grajeur konsa!
Neg sa toujou ap pran poz middle man ni pou yo ka pale de li!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: