KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

let's keep it real

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pascoulito

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: let's keep it real Reply with quote Back to top

Let's keep it real here for a minute. Last time I've checked, proclaiming yourself or giving yourself any type of titles does't you are what you say you are until you prove it, earn it or given. Mr Arly self-proclaimed himself king...well king of what tanpri souple!!! aint nobody refuting the vocal capabilities that he has and let me go further by saying he is definitely ONE of the best VOCALIST in the business right now because last time i've checked immmm Alan Cave is still in the business but this is another topic for a different day.

The problem here is that fans of nulook/arly are so blinded that they can't see how much of a one dimension singer this man is!!!! I mean i don't get it. Last time I wrote about Mr Arly is that despite his vocal genius that he needed to connect more with his audience and bring bring that emotion side out of him during live performances and man oh man Mr Arly brought it out that friday night at amazura, I mean what an amazing performance it was however though I will say that Mr Arly is a one dimension singer. Let me elaborate a little bit here: I know a lot people are saying that Mr Arly cannot sing up tempo song and all that which is sorta true, my take is that he can sing anything that's how good he is but instead i think the question should be can he perform these up tempo song live? I'm sorry he can't.

For those who are singers they would understand what I'm talking about because you have to incorporate different type of voices when you are singing either on a album or live performance (chest voice, head voice, nasal voice and stomach voice etc...). And sometimes Mr Arly tense to do way too much when he is singing and I know the man got pipe the Lord gave him that talent but it doesn't sometimes to stay in the pocket and just make sure you are connecting with your listeners not just with the lyrics but also with your voice.

I don't go to bal just to dance and drink. I make sure I listen not just with my ears but also my heart because I love our music, I believe our konpa is the purest style of music we have out there and I'm ready to defend it at any cost especially with the self proclaimers lol. But let's not just focus on what someone is doing great, let's also embrace constructive criticism for the advancement of our industry. I know i'm about to get crucified for this topic but I don't care lol it's my opinion and I wanted to share but I welcome responses.

owen1055

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol.. Just by reading the title of this I knew exactly what it is all about. Read the first line and did not need to read another line.

pascoulito

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well what's your take lol

owen1055 wrote:
Lol.. Just by reading the title of this I knew exactly what it is all about. Read the first line and did not need to read another line.

owen1055

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pascoulito wrote:
well what's your take lol

owen1055 wrote:

The central point of your post is to inform on Arly's lack of singing abilities. I can assume that your intention is to diminish on the amount of attention he has been over the last few weeks. Your motive is very clear. I don't disagree with some of what you mentioned but your goals are very clear.

Anyone who knows a thing about music knows that he is limited as a lead singer but that goes for every singer and frontman.

RC- great voice and a good singer but lack charisma and animation skills
Roberto- decent guitar player and good stage presence but terrible singer
Gazzman- one of the best when it comes to stage presence, connecting with the fans and uptempo songs but not as strong as a writer and love songs
Arly- decent voice, great writer but needs to work on his anamation skills
Pipo- one the best voices in the industry but lack stage presence. If he had Gazzman's abilities he would be a complete singer and entertainer.
Michael Guirand- he is not great at one thing but he is good enough at evererything.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: