KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHARD URBAIN ANSWERS GEORGY+ ZIN PHANTOMS NU LOOK KLASS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: RICHARD URBAIN ANSWERS GEORGY+ ZIN PHANTOMS NU LOOK KLASS Reply with quote Back to top

RICHARD URBAIN ANSWERS GEORGY+ TALKS ZIN/PHANTOMS2 NU LOOK KLASS GAZZMAN + MORE!

Click on the link below to LISTEN!
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/richard-urbain-responds-to-georgy-talks-zinphantoms2-klass-nu-look-gazzman-more

KM!

ZLEX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tuiiiiip turbo...t bow..repons..deja..wiii richard
Map rediw..sal té..di.a..ou konin bien
Ou pap ka fè bal sa e ou konn pou ki rezon...bien
Piyay..la fini.

LEXADRINE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heard the interview , all I can say. boys will be boys, and boys will always stick together, u respect Georgy's talent so much that u feel that she is not worth $1,500 for a show. Richard Urbain is spending all this money on production aspect of the show but does not feel that Georgy the performer is deserving of $1,500 to entertained us. You guys are extremely disrespectful towards women in this industry, no wonder beside Georgy there are no others. Why? because no other talented women would allow u guys to use and abuse them like that. Yes, u guys did Georgy wrong, everything else you are saying in this interview is to save face, pure and simple BS. let me say ths in Creole, tout se boudanini .....u guys are shameless!!!!

HappyMax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Them guys have wives, daughters, nieces, female friends, but they still miss the boat when it comes to dealing with women. Look at the macho side of his interview...and he was being reserved on KM...just guess a typical all-men conversation with Richard/Alex and co regarding Georgy off microphone. It will be like watching the Haitian "ABC Shark" show version of HMI dealings on steroids.

I repeat: Richard should thank Georgy for not going off on KM (forget her facebook postings...I was not aware of that like so many others), If she did the interview with KM before the event, you will be talking a good minus 250-300 tickets.

Reading between the lines....They treat Georgy as a man in men driven business...WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

"CALGON, take me away"

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LEXADRINE wrote:
Heard the interview , all I can say. boys will be boys, and boys will always stick together, u respect Georgy's talent so much that u feel that she is not worth $1,500 for a show. Richard Urbain is spending all this money on production aspect of the show but does not feel that Georgy the performer is deserving of $1,500 to entertained us. You guys are extremely disrespectful towards women in this industry, no wonder beside Georgy there are no others. Why? because no other talented women would allow u guys to use and abuse them like that. Yes, u guys did Georgy wrong, everything else you are saying in this interview is to save face, pure and simple BS. let me say ths in Creole, tout se boudanini .....u guys are shameless!!!!

Richard is not fooling me with his double talk. He only conceded that he shouldn't have used her image on the flyer. Please Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , if he had to do it all over again he still would of used her image because putting her face on the flyer was a marketing ploy because he knows damn well Zin is more appealing if the fans believe she will be a part of the show PWENT BAR.

I also love how they want to paint her as being a "diva" making crazy demands. Women in general are usually given colorful names when they fight for their rights, refuse to be used and are vocal about how they are being treated unfairly.

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright since I was all over the Princess Georgy interview post yesterday so I'm not gonna stay away from this one either. First of all Mr Urbain on your interview here you did what you had to do for damage control and all and it's all good because you have a business called Venus international productions but me personally I feel like there were 3 parties involved in this whole thing and they all could've worked well together to avoid this fallout here 1- You the Promoter Mr. Urbain 2- Zin leaders Alan & Alex and the artist Georgy the Princess.

Listening to both interviews Princess Georgy and Richard Urbain I think Zin leaders and the promoter dropped the ball big time but more so the Zin leaders Alex and Alan and I also think that Princess Georgy did exactly what she needed to do as far as getting her manager involve in the negotiation on her behalf because that's how it supposed to be done meaning professionally and not the Haitian way (nan zanmitay la). Richard with all due respect and without trying to be insensitive about your right to protect your business, I still feel like if you truly believe in what you said about Georgy's talent and what she could of brought to the event you would have done everything in your power to have her there instead of trying to compare her to Alan Cave and surely you didn't have to mention that she's not Zin and that Zin can perform without her whereas without Alan Zin can't perform because we all know what Alan represents not just for Zin but for Kompa direk but Princess Georgy also played a big role in Zin's success and the fans love her also; so there that was uncalled for, because nobody wants to hear that they are not important or as not important as someone else. It might be a reality but in certain situation it doesn't need to be addressed this way and do you want to know something else? her absence cost you some money even more than the cost of an airline ticket, hotel and the difference of the cash that she asked for because she also just like Alan has a lot of fans too and a lot of them didn't go because of the fact that she wasn't gonna be there. A little bit of advice when you call her as you said that you gonna do please tell her that you're sorry the way things went..Please!

Now the Zin leaders Alan & Alex shame on you guys because I think if Romeo Volcy who is also a member of Zin who basically has been with Georgy for a longtime and knows how much Princess Georgy was important for the show, was fighting so hard to get her on board, I think you guys should have felt the same way because you too should know what she brings to the table as far as her talent is concerned and that's why I think that she's right when she said that she doesn't feel appreciated by you guys because you guys should have done everything to have Georgy at the show. Obviously she wanted to be there also because she was willing to negotiate her asking price but noooo NOU JIS FÈ ON BAGAY AYISYEN NOU JIS DI KI MELE DADA NOU . depi nou men'm nou jere tèt pa nou..e se jan de mantalite sayo ki fè nou kote nou ye a..

So what do you guys make of this: Yesterday a fan of hers who thought that she's well worth more than 5 grand and just gave it to her and she didn't have to perform for it..Does that tell you guys anything?

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Far be it from me to ever disagree with the legendary Lady K Very Happy but I don't think Richard sounded that unreasonable. He clarified certain points and admitted where fell short (at least from his vintage point). I'm sure if all parties involved could do it over, they would handle many things differently.

If there are two lessons I've learned over the years, it's to always listen to both sides before forming an opinion AND to never take sides in disputes/disagreements between family and long time friends.

Out!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
Far be it from me to ever disagree with the legendary Lady K Very Happy but I don't think Richard sounded that unreasonable. He clarified certain points and admitted where fell short (at least from his vintage point). I'm sure if all parties involved could do it over, they would handle many things differently.

If there are two lessons I've learned over the years, it's to always listen to both sides before forming an opinion AND to never take sides in disputes/disagreements between family and long time friends.

Out!

Laughing Laughing I'm sure AFTER the fallout and the epic failure of the show which I witnessed first hand, I bet they could of done a lot of things differently.

I do agree with you that the parties involved go WAY BACK that is why it's a little disheartening to hear some of these things and one can only hope that ALL parties can learn from this and sincerely try to right some of the hurtful ways this whole situation was handled.

Still a ZIN fan 4 life but just a disappointed one.

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it is becoming a recurring motif in the HMI and the forums nowadays. It is almost like a knee jerk reflex, whoever cries the loudest might be right. It is strange, isn’t it? I find it somewhat of a turn off that some would start the name-callings before hearing the other side or a response to the allegations. I agree with you Jean Valjean, I think Richard provided very plausible explanations to the previous allegations made by Georgie. If one chooses to side with Georgie, Zin, Richard, Alan, or Alex it will be purely on emotional basis. As far as to evidence and proofs for anything, I did not find any to allow me to incriminate, or vilify any of the parties involved.

Sincerely,
Dr.Mizik

Thanks, Mr. Urbain.

lovingyou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pou Richard te fè nl Klass la li te fè neg Klass yo konprann li nan mitan men Klass te gentan konprann jwet la. Jodi a li resi paret tout kò'l. Se yo'k pou pè, pa vre? Ebyen toutan ou nan biznis sa y'ap TOUJOU pè. Yon dyaz ki pa janm back doen devan pè pap epi se konsa w'ap trete neg yo epi se zanmi Richie ou ye? Smh yo wè anba'w patnè. Ou gen anpil monnen pouw bay toujou wi.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: