Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - 12 MUSICIANS/PROMOTERS DEBATE ON THE $$$$ PER DIEM ISSUE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

12 MUSICIANS/PROMOTERS DEBATE ON THE $$$$ PER DIEM ISSUE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: 12 MUSICIANS/PROMOTERS DEBATE ON THE $$$$ PER DIEM ISSUE! Reply with quote Back to top

General question asked to several stars in the industry. Check it out.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How much do you think a promoter should pay a musician in terms of PER DIEM per day, when an out of town band is under his care? (KOB POU MANJE chak jou)

TI LUNET: "What it is now which is $20. I think it's fair. U can have 3 meals for the day on $20."

KENNY DESMANGLES: "Well, each promoter deals with each band differently, but I think $30 dollars is fair. Depends on where you are. I think you can have a decent dinner and drink with that."

BIGGY PRO (Florida Promoter): "I say $20 is fair enough. That's what I give out for my PER DIEM. $20 is more than fair. I prefer to give the band members the money instead of having someone cook for the band. The musician might not be in the mood for the food that is cooked, so I always give them the money so that they can go and buy whatever it is that they want that day."

JBEATZ: "I would say $25 per day would be great, but I think $20 is ok."

JOSUE EUGENE (Atlanta Promoter): "In between $25 to $75 dollars per day. The musician does not have to eat at a luxury restaurant. In the business aspect you don't want to overspend when you have already paid the musician for their performance. I think $75 or less is fair just for their meals per day."

JUNIOR DE BOSTON "Le Meilleur" (Boston Promoter): I don't do the PER DIEM because I have someone cook for the band. It's time efficient for everyone. They come in and they have food prepared waiting for them. After they play, it is also the same thing. That's the best option in my opinion."

KENNEY EL-HAJJ SENAT (Zenglen Drummer): "$30-35 per day. Nowadays, a decent breakfast or lunch costs you between 10-15dollars & ideally you must eat 2-3 times a day. So by the time for dinner you're already down to 20-15 dollars... so ideally $30-35 is reasonable."

CARL "Toujou SantiBon" (Atlanta Promoter): "I don't usually do per diem, I hire someone to cook for the musicians for the day. Whenever I do a bal, I will have someone to cook and sell food at the bal. So that same person is responsible for feeding the musicians."

BERTO (Bel Plezi vocalist): "I think $60 should be good. 20 matin, 20 apres midi, 20 le soir. Tout bagay expensive now."

NICKENSON AMBROISE Plezi Gaye Productions (Florida Promoter): "It depends wi baz. M' panse $50 is fair For breakfast, lunch, dinner. Si sware w ou byen pase Yon ti TIP is a plus."

RONY EN ACTION (Florida Promoter): "I think if the promoter has the band all day, a fair PER DIEM should be $ 30 minimum. It depends on the city and town. I said $30 minimum so that the musicians can eat 3 good healthy meals with that. If the musicians need to know; they are workers like everyone of us; they need to be budgeting as well. When the musicians know the bills is on the promoter they go all in, but when they know they have to pay for their food and drinks; they take it easy, they look at the menu and prices, etc..

Back in the day i used to have my people prepare food for the bands, when the band arrived, I had some good meals waiting for them; but i had stop because I experience occasions when I cooked for two different bands, they were supposed to be there to eat; but they got to the club late. They basically wanted to eat when the show was to have started. The fans were not happy about that."

PATRICK SESANET (Boston Promoter): "I think $30 is fair. If I take a musician to a Haitian Rest, I'd spend between $15 to $20 for a meal. Now, if the musician wants to choose where to eat then I think it's fair to add an extra $10 or $15 to help him/her make a better choice."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've received a couple of calls on the answers given to me here from some musicians and promoters....YO RINMIN TOPIC SA....but of course, some lack the GNB to talk publicly on it for some reason.

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I say $50 minimum since I am not from the area and residing at a hotel with no facilities to make my own food or access to a Supermarket. This $20 BS is laughable, they got bunking with some other dude and top of that eating McDs if there is one nearby if not maybe call up some local groupie for some grub. These dudes are funny man!!! If I am local well then you should be not paying for food.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing
$20 for 3 meals? se lajan chien jambe Haiti. mizisyen an pap menm ka bwe yon kola Couronne pou desann poul mouri a non...
in the US, $20 pa ka ashte 3 repas menm lan Burger King....
ala trama pou atis nou yo.....
mwen panse neg yo dwe al manje peye ak kob lan posh yo epi bay promoteur a bill la...

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kertttt vin pias mezanmi Rolling Eyes
Sa se pou al kanpe nan on liy Obama ayiti loll

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HAITIANONE and JAY BROOKLYN

If I am a promoter, I will ask SI PA GIN $DOLLAR MENU anko nan Fast Food yo ak si pa gin CHINESE FOOD

If I am a musician, I tell the promoter in order for me to perform well, I have to go to Apple Bees/Fridays...or I need to go to some nice place where I can eat well.

SO MANY PROS and CONS that can go either way/side!

KM! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheapest way is to hire a caterer/cook that will make meals for the band...si yo musician pa renmen selection ki presente he can skip his ass to McDonalds.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
Cheapest way is to hire a caterer/cook that will make meals for the band...si yo musician pa renmen selection ki presente he can skip his ass to McDonalds.

come on, man!
as a professional on a biznis trip, one of the perks is to have a good meal in a nice restaurant...
atis nou yo pa merite sa?

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
konpaconvert wrote:

come on, man!
as a professional on a biznis trip, one of the perks is to have a good meal in a nice restaurant...

Jay, you by far know the THIS HMI business more than me...but if as a promoter I provide catering services to the band how is that not acceptable? I'm just saying that is certain musicians choose not to eat it...then se biznis pa yo...obligation has been met.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
konpaconvert wrote:

come on, man!

Jay, you by far know the THIS HMI business more than me...but if as a promoter I provide catering services to the band how is that not acceptable? I'm just saying that is certain musicians choose not to eat it...then se biznis pa yo...obligation has been met.

KC, se pa tout hotel kap aksepte yon catering service vinn opere surtout si hotel la gen restaurant...
ou vle dim kon atis desann lan yon hotel epi fok li soti deyo sheshe yon Mc Donald poul manje?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: