Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NU LOOK ANTILLES MAJOR STATEMENT BY ARLY AS HE EXPLAINS.....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK ANTILLES MAJOR STATEMENT BY ARLY AS HE EXPLAINS.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: NU LOOK ANTILLES MAJOR STATEMENT BY ARLY AS HE EXPLAINS..... Reply with quote Back to top

ARLY LARIVIERE spoke to us about NU LOOK's just completed Antilles tour this past weekend.

ARLY LARIVIERE: "We had an excellent tour. NU LOOK did great as we played 6 gigs. We played in Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyana, and St Martin. It was very positive. You could tell that the fans were extremely happy. They come to party and have a good time. They are already asking for us to return in August.

It is NOT easy for a Haitian band to be fully accepted in the Antilles. I am not talking about the Haitian fans that live there; I am talking about the non-Haitians in the Antilles. When those fans do accept you...they really do. LI PA FASIL POU YO VLE W...MIN LE YO VLE W LA....YO VLE W. JAZ AYISIENS YO KON SA MAP PALE A. SA YO AKSEPTE YO konen...e SA YO POKO AKSEPTE YO...YO KONEN TOU.

That is why I said that the song WASN'T MEANT TO BE was the song/mega hit that opened the doors for Nu Look in the Antilles, and that is why I consider it as Nu Look's most successful CD in terms of popularity if you put all the different markets together.

I am so happy with that tour, and we are extremely happy to see that the fans enjoyed themselves."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total

RICKY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Manti'l fe Question

Djaz la kraze antilles a. Ou ka fel konsa ou mem Laughing

Tipe-a

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se youn siklon kite sot pase nan Antilles la categori 8.Se ravage Look la ravage Antilles la.Good job Guys..
Car Dieu a tant aimé NULOOK qu'il a donné son Fils ARLY, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu'il ait la vie éternelle. Jean3:16

Gazzman Pleura. Jean11:35

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Arly Lariviere:
It is NOT easy for a Haitian band to be fully accepted in the Antilles. I am not talking about the Haitian fans that live there; I am talking about the non-Haitians in the Antilles. When those fans do accept you...they really do. LI PA FASIL POU YO VLE W...MIN LE YO VLE W LA....YO VLE W. JAZ AYISIENS YO KON SA MAP PALE A. SA YO AKSEPTE YO konen...e SA YO POKO AKSEPTE YO...YO KONEN TOU.

With all due respect to you maestro Lariviere, do your homework. You have predecessors who paved the way in those islands for you and others.
Webert Sicot, Nemours Jen Baptiste, Scorpio, DP Express, Skahshah, Tabou Combo etc... Should I go on? Our music created Zouk FYI.
Back then that's all those folks in those islands you mentioned listen to ok. Ou two arogan maestro. Mwen respekte ou anpil min for ou bay sak vin avan yo respe pa yo. You are an outstanding musician and I love your body of work but be very careful on what you are saying and how you are saying it.

Furhthemore, I beleive the album that Gazman and you did before Confirmation was a better one with that song Cookie.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very pleased to hear the tour went well but Shah does have a point although it was a tad abrasive Cool but doesn't make the point any less true. If someone didn't know there history and were reading what Arly just said you would think this is the first time a Haitian band has done well there. I'm just sayin'

Again well done Nu-Look and continued success Smile

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol, I love my culture and I can't stand the fact that this generation is pushing it to the side and adopt Zouk, a product of Konpa Direk. Our predecessors have worked so hard to create and maintain it. That's why I appreciate all bands and a band like NuLook that continues to evolve that music. However, the maestro knows better to disregard who the predecessors were and what they did and took all credits to himself, that's outrageous. You know what, let me give him the benefit of the doubt to Mr. lariviere. I think he mispoke.

Moreover, I am not just a Klass fan I am a music lover more specifically I am a 1000% konpa lover. That's why when I throw a party at home I mostly play Konpa music because if you go to other non-Haitian people, they won't play any konpa music. Why disregarding mine to lift others? (out of the subject but somewhat related) If Nulook makes a good album, I will give them the tumbs up because it's all good for konpa Direk. I am not a hater but I want the truth to be told unlike those NL seals here.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shah wrote:
LadyKreyol, I love my culture and I can't stand the fact that this generation is pushing it to the side and adopt Zouk, a product of Konpa Direk. Our predecessors have worked so hard to create and maintain it. That's why I appreciate all bands and a band like NuLook that continues to evolve that music. However, the maestro knows better to disregard who the predecessors were and what they did and took all credits to himself, that's outrageous. You know what, let me give him the benefit of the doubt to Mr. lariviere. I think he mispoke.

Moreover, I am not just a Klass fan I am a music lover more specifically I am a 1000% konpa lover. That's why when I throw a party at home I mostly play Konpa music because if you go to other non-Haitian people, they won't play any konpa music. Why disregarding mine to lift others? (out of the subject but somewhat related) If Nulook makes a good album, I will give them the tumbs up because it's all good for konpa Direk. I am not a hater but I want the truth to be told unlike those NL seals here.

I love your passion, fans like you who are respectfully vocal and constructively criticize and who are generous with their praise as well as displeasure is only a positive thing for the artist/band and fans who are not as well versed in the history of our music.

Never change Shah Wink

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks LadyKreyol. I can't ever change because I don't follow others. I am my own man and I have been around to know and to respect other's points of views. God Bless!

speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:
I'm very pleased to hear the tour went well but Shah does have a point although it was a tad abrasive Cool but doesn't make the point any less true. If someone didn't know there history and were reading what Arly just said you would think this is the first time a Haitian band has done well there. I'm just sayin'

Again well done Nu-Look and continued success Smile

I don't think I'm reading the same thing you and Shah read,

LadyK cocot, maybe you overlooked this part where he said "JAZ AYISIENS YO KON SA MAP PALE A. SA YO AKSEPTE YO konen.." ?
sa vle di maestro a di gen jaz yo aksepte.

zanmi ki rele Shah a map mande eske se aveg li aveg ou bien se expre li fe? the maestro said "It is NOT easy for a Haitian band to be fully accepted in the Antilles.
I didn't see where he said it's impossible, or where he said he is the first artist or the first band that is accepted SMH maestro a bien di wi JAZ YO AKSEPTE YO KONIN JAN LI PA FASIL POU ANTILLAIS AKSEPTE ON JAZ.
Shah a minm vini ak genealogie de Nemours de Sicot de sekwen,

se maestro a ki fe music li, se maestro a ki fe album li, se li ki gen jaz li, se li ki konin succes et defaite jaz li, se li minm ki di nou ki album ki ouvri pot pou li nan marche exterieur yo, Shah li minm lap pale de ki album li pi rinmin, ki album ki pi bon, hehehey.
ou kwe boulon sa ap ka vise?
SMH la haine est aveugle vre mesieu

Quote:
It is NOT easy for a Haitian band to be fully accepted in the Antilles. I am not talking about the Haitian fans that live there; I am talking about the non-Haitians in the Antilles. When those fans do accept you...they really do. LI PA FASIL POU YO VLE W...MIN LE YO VLE W LA....YO VLE W. JAZ AYISIENS YO KON SA MAP PALE A. SA YO AKSEPTE YO konen.. .e SA YO POKO AKSEPTE YO...YO KONEN TOU.

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Speedy/Kreyola
"It is NOT easy for a Haitian band to be fully accepted in the Antilles".
Not true at all. FYI, you can go on you tube and you will find documents that Animate nan antill yo ap pale sa Konpa direk fe pou culture yo. C konpa direk yo t identifye tet yo. Who introduced it to them, NuLook? I don't think so. All the previous bands that I mentioned were all acepted by the islanders. I am not sure how old was Mr. Lariviere but he can ask his father.

So before defending Arly, try to understand my points and I respectfully said what needed to be said. If you want to drag it in the gutter, I am not with you. I am all for the advancement of our culture/Konpa direk not NL. But if NL makes that happen I will be pretty happy about it too. It can't be "Me, ME, ME all the time. Got it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: