Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HOMESTEAD PROMOTER ON WHY BANDS STRUGGLE IN HIS MARKET!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HOMESTEAD PROMOTER ON WHY BANDS STRUGGLE IN HIS MARKET!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: HOMESTEAD PROMOTER ON WHY BANDS STRUGGLE IN HIS MARKET! Reply with quote Back to top

Why is HOMESTEAD FLORIDA a very difficult market for the HMI to conquer? We spoke to the top promoter in the area, ERIDENT, who also owns a club down there to find out what the deal is. This is what he told me.

ERIDENT: "That town used to have lots of great parties back in the days. I used to live there, then I went to Orlando, before moving back here again. I have done several parties since I've been back, and I am still figuring out what the problem is with the market.

This past weekend, I was supposed to have KLASS perform for me. When we called around on the night of the party, we had sold only a total of 9 tickets for the show. After speaking to the guy that was set to do the band set up for the show...Lemonier; he suggested to me why I did not cancel the show because it would make no sense to pay the band if I would not be guaranteed the fans. I called the band before they got here and cancelled. I also had other parties with JBEATZ, NU LOOK, T-VICE and others.

The JBEATZ in October was not good. The T-VICE in November had the most people that I had when we did 300 to 350. I had a Nu Look in February, but because of sound problems that kept cutting off, I had people asking me to reimburse them their money early, so that they could go to a Klass/Tropicana that was being held in Miami that same day. I still did 200 people. I had another Klass before that when they had just released their CD and it was not yet popular that also did not do well. I was scheduled to do a Kreyol La, but due to issues with me, and also with them, we decided to cancel. We also had a 5 ETWAL for Haitian Mother's Day that I had to call their manager to cancel due to lack of tickets being sold. I am still trying to figure out what the problem is because we have a lot of Haitians in Homestead.

One band that I am trying to bring here because the demand for the band is so high here is CARIMI. MOUN YO AP MANDEM POU CARIMI ANPIL BO ISI A, but I have spoken to Fito, and we are still trying to make it work on here.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT IS A POPULATION THAT MIGHT BE MORE INTO GOSPEL MUSIC; so now I might work to bring them a FRERES DERONETTES. (Laughs) Having said that, there is no reason why HOMESTEAD can't return to being a good market for the COMPAS genre."

KM!

androdro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jazz 9 tickets nan mawon Konnya !!!
Tou manti pa fon! Yes it is baby !!
Gen anpil lot promotè ki ta renmen pale konsa wi men yo gentan mete baboukèt nan bouch yo...

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Promoteur a pata bay gwo manti sa sou djaz la Laughing

leodor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Allo Promotè Manajè di Se Lajan Ou pa te ba yo ki fè yo pa jwe wi

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Min sa mwen pa rinmin a ti messye Nulook yo. You guys only emphasize on the Klass part that sold 9 tickets. What the promoter is talking about is a real issue not just for Klass but the other bands too. Nulook didn't do that well either 200 people, better than 9 tickets sold. I got that.

The problem is for all bands not just Klass. You are turning people off from NuLook by the day when you are acting tha way. I wish you guys think a little before jumping into an empty pool. Arly sim ou mim mwen ta mete yon frin sou ti messye sa yo. That's bad public relations for NuLook.

androdro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shah wrote:
Min sa mwen pa rinmin a ti messye Nulook yo. You guys only emphasize on the Klass part that sold 9 tickets. What the promoter is talking about is a real issue not just for Klass but the other bands too. Nulook didn't do that well either 200 people, better than 9 tickets sold. I got that.

The problem is for all bands not just Klass. You are turning people off from NuLook by the day when you are acting tha way. I wish you guys think a little before jumping into an empty pool. Arly sim ou mim mwen ta mete yon frin sou ti messye sa yo. That's bad public relations for NuLook.

Bay moun tet yo Ou gen foli Bon moun Jodia !
Logik Ou a pa balance !!!!

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Androdro, you are the worst of all NuLook seals. You can't hold a conversation without cursing. If you check my posts, I am always respectful to all.

Talking to you is dragging myself in the gutter. Don't bother saying anything else. I will not reply to your negativity.

joudre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mon cher map pran 200 moun nan..

Men 9 la... Saaaa anrajé Laughing Laughing Laughing

palanpil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SI SE KONSA MISYE MET TOU RENMET CLUB LA......
MESYE A PALE DE YON PWOBLEM NAN ZON NAN E FANATIK NU-LOOK AP FOKIS SOU KLASS. SA KLASS FE NOU AN GENTAN MAL PAPA. TOUT SA NAP FE SE A KLASS NAP PANSE . MWEN RONT POU NOU BANN AYISYEN AN RETA

lovingyou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ti machin sa two piti. E plis n'ap fè konplo se plis letènel ap beni dyaz sa. Se jou nou (NOU TOUT) ta stop KÈ dyaz la ap komanse sote. Keep it coming. Depi'w wè yo vin bash bò isi, se paske lòt kote yo deja konn verite an. Sin pa gen 5 kòb depozit, dyaz pa gen 5 kòb depozit. Nonm lan ap kreye ekskiz smh. Mwen swete Klass pa pete bay youn nan NOU santi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: