Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DAT7-THAT'S IT? Who
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DAT7-THAT'S IT? Who

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: DAT7-THAT'S IT? Who Reply with quote Back to top

Written by Jason Accime aka Shah

Surprise, surprise! I know they dropped their CD not too long ago. However, I am not the one to listen to monotony, slow tempo Zouk like music, maybe at times. Therefore, I didn’t pay any attention to it until I downloaded the CD last night just to be curious knowing that the lead singer was once part of another band that I learned to appreciate for their efforts and their business savvy.

Well DAT7 has delivered big time on that CD. The up tempo:”Depozit is a bang for the buck and the same can be said about “Saw tap fe”. These guys shut me up for the time being with their hardcore konpa grooves that I have been complaining about the Millennial Generation or Generation X.

The konpa love: "Why” is pretty darn good as well. The one song that I have issue with: “No need to be fancy”. That song does sound like another band in the same musical formation. And the other Konpa love songs: "Je veux m’envoler", "Se konsa", "Danre Ra", are very well orchestrated and for "Jwe Rol Ou", this one is ok too but I don’t like the beginning, overall it is a very good song.

I am no musician; however, if I were doing the doing the arrangement on some of the slow tempo songs, I would have added a light horn segment like a saxophone or a trumpet just to distinguish DAT7 from the others because bands in that musical format, they tend to sound alike a lot. The originality for any of these bands in that type or format is somewhat lost except for the pioneers like Topvice, Tvice and Carimi.

There is one song that I applaud DAT7 for, is “Both Ways”. It took some guts to explore that social aspect of our community but they didn’t go far enough to talk dissect the male counterpart for fear of stigma or name calling which I clearly understand. Consequently, this is a big problem for our women in general because these guys who are on the down low are killing and infecting our women with HIV.

Overall, DAT7 and their investors have produced a solid album that I just begin to enjoy because the songs are rock solid. Bravo DAT7. Keep doing what you are doing eventually it will pay off.

To you the investors stick with DAT7 “Nou gin nan main nou".

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: