KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

OLD SCHOOL MEMORY LANE TUESDAY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loving this Pat. You made my week. Very Happy Now I have memories of sitting in my living room in Brooklyn wearing out my mom's DP albums. GOOD TIMES.

Keep it up. Wink

shah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The good old days of great konpa music. I loved them all. Those days were imcomparable to today's konpa music. Those songs were made together as a group. Technology is good but also takes away the togetherness that those guys back in those days had.

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great choices there Pat. First let me start with the album "RACINES" by BOSSA COMBO in 1979 that was really a classic. Who would've thought that BOSSA COMBO would come up with such a HIT album after what they did the year prior (1978) on the album ACCOLADE with great HITS like Chere Madame, a classic like Vanité, HIT songs like Courage, Pelerinage(Siw san pantalon pa kampe la) and off course a MEGA HIT Carnaval like Respectez Toto. That album RACINES you pick any songs on it and it's a good listen starting with Mega Hit PERMANENTE which at the time was the talk of the era: Jen'n fi ki pat gen pèmanan't ou pat a la mòd donk flannè yo te antrave fòk ou te jwen'n cash la pou bay mennaj yo pou cheve'l ka bèl lol..Now having said that my favorite song on that album was the title of the album: RACINES because of the way the guys put the slaves story together and at the 4:04 mins mark Adrien Jeanite and Rodrigue Toussaint fè yon mariaj keyboard ak gita bagay serye net. Then you have songs like 7eme Commandement my other favorite(Composed by Jn-Claude Desgrottes & M. de Volcy) a classic with great lyrics and great DUO by Jean-Claude Dorsainville and Raymond Cajuste. After you listen to the song it leaves you thinking about that line: "Lè'w pa gen pou bay pòv la pa kraze kwi'l" ..Wow kote lyrics sayo pase de nos jours.
I also like "Move tan" (Istwa bòs Awouya -a lol)

Now let's talk a little bit about your other choice Pat lol. D.P EXPRESS: now back then I was a big fan of SCORPIO UNIVERSEL and I still am but I have to say that I always have great respect for D.P Express and I mean the whole crew kòmanse sou Maestro Eddy Wooley pase pran Heve Bleus, Pierrot Kersaint, Almando, Porky epi rive sou Lesly Dauphin(Fawouchè) lol.. Right from the get go transitioning from DIFFICILES TO D.P those guys were ready. Their First Album 1976 "PA PRAN KONTAK" that you listed on here Pat, told the fans what D.P EXPRESS was about.. Yes I also like the songs "Pran San Ou and Deception" but it's after I chose PA PRAN KONTAK as my favorite and APRAN'N PALE as my 2nd choice just because Lyrics-wise they are sort of related lol..(Son kesyon de paka gen fan'm pou on rezon)...even "Deception" is right there in the same line. Now "Pran San Ou" is a little bit different and mellow very instrumental, the first chorus came at 1:33 "Ala dous, Ala dous" in fact no lead singing at all. To me it makes it a great song a "masterpiece" as you put it Pat. I also think that since there was already a lot of singing done on the other songs so fanatik yo te bezwen yon ti Yayad e yo jwen'n li nan mizik "Pran San Ou" la lol

Once again keep it up Pat and I guarantee you next Tuesday I'll be here again lol..

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DENTERTAINMENT.....The 2 songs that you mentioned "APRAN PALE" and "PA PRAN CONTAC" are actually my 2 favorites on the CD; but I chose to go with those two listed for now...for diversity purposes...besides, those 2 songs are also EXTREMELY GOOD.

That album is CLASSIC Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SCORPIO's 1st album CAN'T TOUCH THIS ONE.

KM!

shah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was a scorpio fan but I have to agree with you Pat on the Pa pran kontak album. That was a hit album. To talk about Old schools, you have to make reference of Ti manno when he took over Dp express with his first album with DP.

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
That album is CLASSIC
SCORPIO's 1st album CAN'T TOUCH THIS ONE.

I have to agree there CLASSIC se rans..men'm kanaval sou album PA PRAN KONTAK sa te move lol.."Souke kò'w Souke kò'w Express la rive" but I think SCORPIO bounced back nan 2eme Album li an a little better ak mizik tankou Pelerinage, Nou Rive etc epi ou vi'n jwen on lòt Olson Jean Louis kap chante avek plis konfidans byen ke D.P EXPRESS te frape fò tou wi avèk album PALE PALE'W an 1977 anmweyyy mizik malè nèt epi lè'w ajoute mizik tankou L'AMIRAL ki repon'n direkteman a mizik SCORPIO a ki di NOU RIVE kote nèg D.P yo di: Sa pa regade'm siw kwè ou rive mwen men'm map travay poum toujou pi wo..Ki koz ke nèg SCORPIO yo tou te kouri al fè on ti remix nan mizik BLINGINDING nan kote yo ajoute lè'w sot pi wo ou pran pi gwo so lol. POLEMIK 101 IF YOU ASK ME LOL..

One last thing that I'm gonna say to conclude SCORPIO'S third Album MIN YIA YIADE LA sa vre se pat yon CLASSIC sèlman li te ye in fact to me li rete pi bèl album ke SCORPIO te reyalize. Se nan album sa Robert Martino deklanche TUBE MOUTH la. Sa vre yo te antre D.P EXPRESS ak album sa e aprè sa D.P te oblije tan'n jis lè TI MANNO debake avek album DAVID la kite yon MEGA HIT album pou yo te tounen nan bon jan kompetisyon avek SCORPIO ankò paske aprè album YIA YIADE LA nèg SCORPIO yo te vi'n lage yon single MAP MANDE KOURAJ ki te mache ampil tou..Antouka tan sayo ale yo pap jan'm tounen ankò lol

Se sak fè mwen apresye ampil wi sa wap fè la wi Pat; li fè'm reviv moman sayo..1Love brother kembe la!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: