Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - MIZIK MIZIK IS AN OVERRATED BAND SAYS KM MEMBER WILCOLAS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MIZIK MIZIK IS AN OVERRATED BAND SAYS KM MEMBER WILCOLAS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: MIZIK MIZIK IS AN OVERRATED BAND SAYS KM MEMBER WILCOLAS! Reply with quote Back to top

This quote by member WILCOLAS caught my attention on another thread. I think WILCOLAS might want to explain this quote below. PLEASE ELABORATE Wilcolas because I think you might have a lot of explaining to do.

WILCOLAS: "Mizik Mizik is an overrated band. After 20 years only a few hits, any record company should be careful throwing money at them."

*THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT WILCOLAS!
BREAK IT DOWN for us with VALID POINTS/REASONS

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Over rated se rans..Mizik mizik..used to be the best band in haiti.. nan studio album et kanaval...

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He has a point.....a couple of hits....Boom they disapeared.....They are an average band to me with excellent musicians ............otherwise ....Nothing spetacular so i do understand where wilcolas is coming from....

--Winston Churchill

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a bold statement to make. Negkreyol found out the hard way that it doesn't pay to bash legendary bands. Mizik Mizik is the greatest alternative konpa band since Caribbean Sextet.

Kunta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In away, Mizik mizk left the door open for such criticism. I can't even defend Mizik Mizk on that. One thing I know, the Mizik Mizik coming out will be a new Mizik Mizik with some shiny stuffs hehehehe

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D K Bess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mizik Mizik is a fantastic group.
But they don't perform enough.
Se sak fe gin moun ki pa konnin yo.

Last edited by D K Bess on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wilcolas could be making his statement out of frustration.
Like Mach has said Mizik Mizik is our best alternative kompa band.
But when was the last time Mizik Mizik came out with an album.
I don't even remember the last time I saw the band advertise for a gig.
With all these talented musicians, the band should be more active...

wilcolas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay

You prove my point, they are not performing because promoters are not calling. Yes they are a talented bunch, their sound is not commercial. At any point of that 20 years, they were never a top band. They did not take advantage of the exposure that they got from the Compasfes and other fes. They are a good band, but they are not among the greats ( Past or present). Their live performances are ok, but not impressive at all.

D K Bess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
But when was the last time Mizik Mizik came out with an album.
I don't even remember the last time I saw the band advertise for a gig.
With all these talented musicians, the band should be more active...

Jay B
Ou reponn pou misye...
Mizik Mizik pa priorité ni Fabrice ni Kéké...

Si djaz la merité tout palé anpil sa fok li prouvé sa.
MIZK MIZIK=LAZY BOYZ

yef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wilcolas wrote:
Jay

You prove my point, they are not performing because promoters are not calling. Yes they are a talented bunch, their sound is not commercial. At any point of that 20 years, they were never a top band. They did not take advantage of the exposure that they got from the Compasfes and other fes. They are a good band, but they are not among the greats ( Past or present). Their live performances are ok, but not impressive at all.

brother...were you around during the 90s....what do you mean they were never a top band?........

Does the Farinen era mean anything to you at all? If you don't like the band, just go ahead and say so....but don't just put bs..statement like this on km and expect to get away with it!!!!

This post reminds me when that other individual came up and said that Magnum did nothing for kompa. And for your info...they're not performing because of side projects! Get the facts straight first!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: