KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONIK: STORY BEHIND THE SONG "FANMALITE"!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> STORY BEHIND THE HIT SONGS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: HARMONIK: STORY BEHIND THE SONG "FANMALITE"! Reply with quote Back to top

In our STORY BEHIND THE SONGS series, today's spotlight is on the HARMONIK song "FANMALITE". We asked composer/producer and HARMONIK LEADER Nickenson Prudhomme to tell us the story behind the song. This is what he told me BELOW

NICKENSON: "Fanmalite is .. se le yon group gason rankontre yo toujou gen yon bagay negatif pou yo wè de yon fanm, tout sa ki negatif yo toujou renmen mete mo "Fanm" ladann.. ex: lè yon nèg pale anpil: yo di " Misye pale tank ou yon fanm man" lè ou gade yon nèg ka genyen plizye fanm la societe tou jou di : Ah papa Misye se yon Jenn jan!.. men si yon fanm ta manke fè yon erè pou li ta gen 2 nèg yo gen tan di fanm sa pa bon menm! " Kaprina" wa chèche konprann sa ki Kaprina-a".."

ENGLISH

NICKENSON: "It's when a bunch of guys have the tendency to use the word FANM as some sort of negative term. For example when a guy speaks a lot, they say he speaks a lot just like a girl. When a guy has lots of girlfriends, they say that he is a playboy, but if it's a girl/lady that has lots of guys, or even make the mistake of having 2 guys, she gets tagged as a "KAPRINA". Go find out what the term "KAPRINA" means."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So true !!! Bel vizion ... Very Happy Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DWET CELESTE la sanble li servi ak fanatik "FANM" Laughing Laughing Laughing li yo.

KM!

choubenz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

li oblije paske se fanm ki rale neg nan bal---manti-m fe?

depi ou jere fanm yo ou nan biznis----demanti-m

depi ou kriye ba fanm yo nan on music ou nan business---Arly Lariviere----demanti-m

depi wap pale an faveur fanm yo ou nan business---demanti-m

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first time I listened to this song, I already said that this song was going to give ZANMI some competition because of the lyrics. Again with this song NICKY sides with the women on a subject that is VERY important to them.

FANMALITIE is one of my favorite track on the album. Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I DARE ANY KM MEMBER pou vini DEMANTI sa NICKENSON di sou mizik sa.

SOCIETY 101

NICKENSON went straight to the heart of the matter on this one and SPOKE THE TRUTH.

KM!

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Dwet Celeste la will score big time with this one! Anpil Famn pral renmen music sa!

TOTOVICE
BOSTON UNITED TOU TAN!

choubenz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FANM YO PWAL DEBAKE NAN DADA NICKY POU CHANTE SA-----FANM YO PWAL CONGRATULATE NICKY A GAUCHE A DROITE POU CHANT SA

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat... nikki was smar to sing a song about this subject.

Se on pwoblem ke nou minm fanm ap konbat lontan.

too bad nou p'ap janm genyen li.

the women who try to be rebellious abou this only become victims of the system.

But Pat... I think when you get stories behind the song you should explain tothemusicians that whatyou are looking for is a specif story or situation that made them think of the song.

NOT WHAT THE SONG IS ABOUT.

WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THE SONG IS ABOUT.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just yesterday I was listening to this song and said to myself, Nicky should definitely get "Le Porte-Parole de la femme" now.

Amazing subject Bro and one of my favorites on the CD.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> STORY BEHIND THE HIT SONGS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: