Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KOMPA MAGAZINE URGES LA NUIT DES JEUNES TO..................
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KOMPA MAGAZINE URGES LA NUIT DES JEUNES TO..................

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: KOMPA MAGAZINE URGES LA NUIT DES JEUNES TO.................. Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to wait until AFTER the show to address this issue. Now that it's done...here we go.

LA NUIT DES JEUNES has always been one of the most important dates on the HMI calendar for YEARS now. I have covered many LNDJ ever since its inception, and I must tell you that one of the things IF NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING that stood out and made this show different was the fact that it was in MANHATTAN. The heart of NYC, THE BIG APPLE, the BRIGHT LIGHTS OF BROADWAY. That has ALWAYS made LNDJ special.

They have held a couple of LNDJ outside of Manhattan, most notably QUEENS at AMAZURA, and I must tell you that no matter how many ACTS/BANDS, BEAUTIFUL DECORATIONS, or whatever is put in that club or any other club...IT IS NOT THE LNDJ that I and many other people know.

LNDJ...EVENS, GARY, and the rest of the crew....I AM BEGGING YOU....I AM PLEADING WITH YOU...I AM ORDERING YOU...I am actually running out of words. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR THE LNDJ "BRAND" to go back to its roots, and by that, we mean MANHATTAN. It's all about the VIBE of the city, as well as the show actually being held in a venue that is not too familiar with the people that do attend it...meaning they do not attend parties there on a regular basis. That's what gave LNDJ the edge that it had.

When LNDJ takes it to AMAZURA, it is a place where the majority of the HMI parties in Queens are held; therefore it brings nothing new/fresh to the table for the people that do go. It actually would have been MUCH BETTER had LNDJ actually found ANOTHER PLACE IN QUEENS that can hold lots of people, that al;so has a huge stage to have this one IF they were unable to make it in Manhattan this year. When it is held at Amazura SE MINM TI BOUILLON AN because the majority of the people have already been at this venue quite a lot because of other parties. This was your 10TH show of that SPECIAL BRAND..."THAT" alone should have been a major reason to take it to Manhattan.

LNDJ....BRING IT BACK TO THE CITY.......PLEASE!

THANK YOU!

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

please bring it back to the city, even since they moved it to queens i know a lotta ppl who never go..a lotta ppl in jersey wont pay 30 dollars toll to go to Amazura, the city makes the show special....having the event there takes a lotta essence out of it. if they're having it in the city next year, they should reach out to some hotels to see if they can get group discounts etc, that can also be an incentive (met yo ti du feu nan ko moun yo tou) , si moun drive from boston le'l konnen lap jwenn discount nan bon hotel nan city sa a ap enkouraje'l pou'l desann...menm mwen ki abite nan city a after the party i wouldnt mind staying at a hotel for the rest of the night etc ...that can also be another way to get ppl out...not sure if it makes sense

misterPvice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

APROUVE A 1000% ... M DAKO AVEW PAT
IT IS LOOSING IT'S IDENTITY LIKE YOU SAID PAT AT AMAZURA IT'S LIKE ANY OTHER USUAL EVENTS
THOSE INVOLVED SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT SERIOUSLY OTHERWISE LNDJ AP MOURI NAN MEN YO

larebelle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with this statement 100%, location change or having an all weekend event would be nice for those that can't make it on the first night they could attend the second night.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon, patrick genle pat konen sak te pase LNDJ ane pase? Bro, they did it in MANHATTAN last year, it did not work!
Bro, Fok neg yo ka kenbe protokol Manhattan lan wi! C pa fe yo pa ta fe li non. And I am sure EVANS would like to have it in Manhattan. But, es ke lap bien pase, FREM?
That i do not have a a clue! Men yo fe li ane derniere, AA voye!

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believed I said that the venue
was not attractive to me back
when they announce it. I won't
even go there for a regular gig

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat you are on point on this one. This is so true! In the city, I don't have to walk a block, I park my car on the same block and here I am! Pa fe LNDJ nan poulaye sa ankor. Mpat ale anyway.

Mizikamort

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree with you Pat. I did not go last year. I went to this year and sincerely, it was not the same vibe as the ones that I went before. When going to LNDJ, people usually expect something different from the everyday Haitian party scene. It was not the case.

Because I did not witness Xtassy playing by the time I got there, I felt like it was a "T-Vice VS CaRiMi" showdown with Klass as a special guess. Don't get me wrong, all three bands that I saw, T-vice/Klass/CaRiMi, all play very well; but something was missing. And by now, everybody can feel that the missing piece of the puzzle was a good location.

I do not mind if they keep it away from the city, if it is for price issues. But a different venue that we do not party very often would be nicer. We as fans are asking what we want, but will we pay $ 45 or $ 50 dollars if that is what the nicer place worth with all these bands?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: